Cuckoo Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuckoo Clock

This is, I think, the kind of clock that Owler is talking about in the Off Topic board. The clock movement is a true Black Forest movement and is shipped enclosed in its own little house, not to be removed. You build the case around the housing. Frankly, I wouldn't want to even try and open the movement, since it, by itself, costs $200 from Klockit.

The clock is powered by weights that come with it and plays Edelweiss. There are 2 doors. Behind one is a little man and behind the other is a little bird. The clock has a one-day movement powered by weights that are not shown here. The clock is supposed to hang 7 feet from the floor which, in my house, puts it at the ceiling. So, we've decided that the thing is to be a gift for my Mother-In-Law. I think she has more of my work in her house than we have in mine .

The case is made from walnut and was finished with Danish Oil.
    Attached Files

That's quite a clock Unix - very nice. Is the 7 feet from the floor to allow clearance for the weights?
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Very nice -- my granny had a kookoo clock when I was little -but it only had one little bird.
      Sharon

Comment

I must say that you have made a truely amazing Cookoo Clock it is just as fine a piece of workman ship as the original Black Forest Clocks I have seen when I was stationed in Germany
        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Very fine piece you have. Great work.
          Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Very nice work on your clock. I'm glad to see that you didn't skimp on the movement for such a nice piece of craftsmanship.
            Kevin
            Scrollsaw Patterns Online
            Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Yes that's the kind of clock I was talking about but I did not make mine. Yours is nicer! The seven foot of clearance is for the travel of weights. The movement is most likely a seven/eight day movement.

I tried the suggestion to fix my clock and could not gently persuade the hour hand to pop off of the post. I think I am going to take it across town for repair. The clock was too much money for me to manhandle it.
              Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

very nice indeed, 7' travale from the floor yikes. that would be way up there. I wont to make a cuokoo clock some day. I love the wood you used. Evie

Comment

Really nice clock Unixpro, but i would be tempted to make a rubber band gun and lie in wait for the bird.
                  kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                    Reply to My lucky day!
                    by tgiro01
                    Connie & I got our first shot a couple weeks ago. Scheduled for the 10th for the second one.
                    Yesterday, 09:40 PM
                  • planeur
                    Reply to Another Mid-Michigan Scroller
                    by planeur
                    Nice pieces, well done , I like that kind of bowls.

planeur
                    Yesterday, 05:56 PM
                  • Misouri Wayne
                    Reply to My puffin coming home....
                    by Misouri Wayne
                    Nice combination of different art forms.
                    Thanks for sharing.
                    Yesterday, 05:02 PM
                  • Quartz43
                    Reply to My lucky day!
                    by Quartz43
                    My wife and I got the Moderna vaccine with our second shot last week. We had no reaction after the first shot but both of us had some body and fatigue for two days after the 2nd dose.
                    Yesterday, 04:44 PM
                  • JeffieK
                    Reply to My lucky day!
                    by JeffieK
                    Here in Mid-Michigan, my wife & I (both 65) got our first shot - the Pfizer one - last Sunday; with our second one scheduled for March 21st. Both of us were a little fatigued that evening... went to be early. Next day, just had a sore arm where we received the shot. Hope it's that way with the second...
                    Yesterday, 03:49 PM
                  Working...
                  X