Dragons Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragons Clock

This is my first post w attachment, so I apologize in advance if things don't work...

This is one my recent clocks. It's Pedro's "Dragons Clock". It's made from Canarywood & Bloodwood.
    Attached Files

David

David Griffin
    Tuliptree Craft
    s

Very nice clock. Love the dragons.
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Very nice work. My daughter would love that thanks for the Idea How hard are the clocks to make? I have never taken the time to try, but since the most recent issue came out the temptation is greatly enhanced....
      Crfty
      Newfield, New York Scroller
      Dewalt 788 & Dremel 1800
      http://www.CraftyNYScrolling.com

Comment

Very nicely cut Kofte. Nice contrast there between the canary and blood woods.
        Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Thanks, y'all.

CraftyNYSroller, It's not one I'd want to start with, as there are a few potentially tricky veining cuts around the legs (imagine cutting the outside within 1-2mm of the veining line 15" away while the blanks is stuck in your stomach :-) )but it wasn't what I'd call very difficult. I didn't keep records, but I'm estimating about 16 hours at the saw for two of them (stacked). I've got a detailed summary on my blog site at http://scrollsawblog.com:8085/scroll...g/?page_id=540, along with some more pictures of it from different angles. There's several other posts related to the clock as well. If you've got any questions about it, feel free to ask.

david

David

David Griffin
          Tuliptree Craft
          s

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Bill Wilson
            Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
            Today, 09:51 AM
          • planeur
            Reply to My covid angel
            by planeur
            Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
            I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
            Was it a good idea.....?...
            Today, 09:45 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to My covid angel
            by Rolf
            Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
            Today, 09:02 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Rolf
            The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
            Today, 08:49 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to My covid angel
            by NC Scroller
            I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
            Today, 07:27 AM
          Working...
          X