Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my latest

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • my latest

    this is an inwork scrolling its Jeff Zaffinos CHeetah I got his advanced scroll sawing DVD for Christmas and started the cheetah this morning man thats a lot of holes to drill 970 IIRC the wood is 1/8 oak cutting with FD 2/0 new spirals 35tpi


    Last edited by Daryl185; 08-09-2008, 10:50 PM.
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

  • #2
    Looks like you have a lengthy project to complete Daryl, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    What are the dimensions?
    Todd

    Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

    Comment


    • #3
      Daryl, you have a lot more patience than I have. I'll reject anything with much more than 200 holes. Of course, if Bill sees this post he'll remind me that at one time I said no to anything over 100 holes. I just have a hard time justifying something that takes that much time. I prefer instant gratificattion. My wife will agree to that. I'm sure it'll look great when you get it finished, sometime this year.
      Mike

      Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

      Comment


      • #4
        That seems to be pretty good progress in one day Daryl - there's over 100 holes cut already - I tried to count but started going crosseyed ..

        Are`we going to get a day by day update?
        Ian

        Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
          That seems to be pretty good progress in one day Daryl - there's over 100 holes cut already - I tried to count but started going crosseyed ..

          Are`we going to get a day by day update?
          sure why not, besides I am rather injoying doing this its not so much patience I think but more like a love of accomplishing a goal, as far as instant gratification I'll get that later
          Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

          Comment


          • #6
            Awesome Daryl!! You'll be seeing spots by the end of this one! Take your time and enjoy, you will have a piece that you will be very proud of when its done. Are you stack cutting this?
            Mike, ya gotta step up to the plate son, and get out of this denial phase. I know "Charlie Dearings" bass pattern caught you attention as it did mine, not sure of the # of holes on that one, have you checked out JZ's fish patterns?

            Anyway, Daryl glad your making some sawdust, I'm sitting here dreaming about it................
            Bill

            DeWalt 788



            aut viam inveniam aut faciam

            God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
              Awesome Daryl!! You'll be seeing spots by the end of this one! Take your time and enjoy, you will have a piece that you will be very proud of when its done. Are you stack cutting this?
              Mike, ya gotta step up to the plate son, and get out of this denial phase. I know "Charlie Dearings" bass pattern caught you attention as it did mine, not sure of the # of holes on that one, have you checked out JZ's fish patterns?

              Anyway, Daryl glad your making some sawdust, I'm sitting here dreaming about it................
              thanks Bill, on this one its a single as I am doing this as a goal in my next step of progression and truthfully I am concerned with the closeness of all the cuts I already made 1 miss cut thankfully it doesn't show
              Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

              Comment


              • #8
                It looks great so far, and looks like a fun project. If I wear to do that, I would definatly stack cut a few at a time, and I would drill a batch of holes, then sit at the saw and cut that batch before drilling more. It doesnt really matter, but that gives me a break from my stool, and i can stretch out at the drillpress before the next sitting of scrolling. Also, if Id goof it up (heaven forbid) partway through it, I could cut off that part and save the rest of the unused piece of wood for another project. Keep us up to date on the progress! dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lucky788scroller
                  It looks great so far, and looks like a fun project. If I wear to do that, I would definatly stack cut a few at a time, and I would drill a batch of holes, then sit at the saw and cut that batch before drilling more. It doesnt really matter, but that gives me a break from my stool, and i can stretch out at the drillpress before the next sitting of scrolling. Also, if Id goof it up (heaven forbid) partway through it, I could cut off that part and save the rest of the unused piece of wood for another project. Keep us up to date on the progress! dale
                  those are some good ideas Dale I will keep it in mind
                  heres what I did tonight after 1 1/2 hours had to quit as the no seeums were getting to bad and I am on my last FD blade
                  Last edited by Daryl185; 08-09-2008, 10:50 PM.
                  Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yikes. that looks scary. but your doing it. your friend Evie

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rivari
                      Looks like you have a lengthy project to complete Daryl, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

                      What are the dimensions?
                      Rivari: the finished project will be 11 x 14 not including what frame I pick out for it
                      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by minowevie
                        Yikes. that looks scary. but your doing it. your friend Evie
                        hi Evie nice to see ya back big sis I missed ya, I have lots of inspiration to do this and it comes from all the great folks in this forum its what drives me to better myself
                        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Daryl185
                          hi Evie nice to see ya back big sis I missed ya, I have lots of inspiration to do this and it comes from all the great folks in this forum its what drives me to better myself
                          Dang little brother. looks like your doing great. I have missed so much. Its so cool to see what your doing..Dang I better get on the ball. now thats alot of holes to drill and cut. and I thought I could do alot of holes. but this is awsome. OK> now I have to go do this. see who is enspireing who now. HA. love ya little brother. Evie

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ummm Daryl, did anyone ever teach you to order BEFORE your on the last blade!!!! good thing he ships them fast huh? Lookin good so far! Dale
                            Dale w/ yella saws

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Your work is looking good. I got the DVD for Christmas as well. Jeff sure makes it look easy. I am about to tackle a JZ, but a simpler one.

                              Earlinjax

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X