Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    Well, Ian, the Hawk is flying North to you right now as I type! I found it and came promptly upstairs, scanned and emailed it. Let me know if you get it. At a wood show in November, there was a sample bin of the Pegas blades and I took one, #5RT. I was quite impressed with it and might give them a try somewhere down the road when I need to replenish my stash.

Betty

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by will8989
    Flew the coop would be more the correct terminology.
    ROTFL - these boids are obviously hard to control ...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate there ...!

Originally posted by will8989
    Just reread your post Ian, have you tried the Olson Mach blades?
    Betty
    No the only Olson I've tried have been the ones mentioned but I'm open-minded about blades .. and may give them a go at some point - I keep meaning to give the Pegas ones a try too. I've been happy with the FD blades so far though - not to mention Mike's prompt and helpful service and just got a whole load more the other day.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Flew the coop would be more the correct terminology. The more I straighten, the more I lose things!! Actually, I take care of my 77 year old mother, who lives with her 70 year old sister and their 73 year old sister lives next door. All three are very sick this week, need I say more? And unemployment thinks I should be taking all these courses they are offering so I can get another job. Gees, don't they understand I am happy doing what I am doing? I will relocate the pattern and PROMISE to email it to you tonight.

Just reread your post Ian, have you tried the Olson Mach blades? I really like them. I mostly use the Mach 5 or 7 blades. Mach means speed to me, which is right up my alley! Or the Precision Ground blades? They do fine for me too. In fact at the Open House, Chuck Olson (I think it was him) was there and he was selling the blades at $2 per dozen, boy did I stock up!!
    Betty
    Last edited by will8989; 01-14-2007, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragon
    Thinking seriously of ordering that set of patterns but they only take cheques.
    Dunno if you've been in touch with them Diane, but just to let you know - prices on the site are in US$, but they are the same in C$. Sometimes there's an advantage to being in Canada ...

I think I'm glad they don't too credit card online - I've spent way too much money on patterns lately

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Thinking seriously of ordering that set of patterns but they only take cheques. One daughter still owes me a present and I didn't know what I wanted. Will point her in this direction.
    Thank for the measurements Ian.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolf
    RE: Olson 2R vs Fd 3SR is not a fair comparison.
    the 2R has 20 tpi while the FD3 SR has 13 tpi of course the FD blade will cut faster.
    That would certainly explain it ..lol I hadn't checked the tooth count on the Olson ... maybe a 5R would have been a better comparison looking at the Olson chart but I didn't have any of them!

There doesn't seem to be much correlation between FD and Olson reverse tooth blades numbers ...

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragon
    Ian
    The dragon and the pig are from the collection of zodiac signs? How big are they?
    Just for you and went and found a ruler ..lol The pig is approx 9x41/2 nd and the
    dragon 7x7 ins. Either would reduce a bit though and still be perfectectly cuttable - there are no tiny holes in them.

They are a nice set - actually I got 13 patterns rather than 12 - for some reason there are 2 different horses - which is fine by me - I'm a horse ...lol

I'll post some more when I get them cut so you can see what they look like.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Ian I like your Piggy,
    RE: Olson 2R vs Fd 3SR is not a fair comparison.
    the 2R has 20 tpi while the FD3 SR has 13 tpi of course the FD blade will cut faster.
    Last edited by Rolf; 01-13-2007, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Ian
    The dragon and the pig are from the collection of zodiac signs? How big are they? The collection sure looks good and I'm thinking of getting the patterns.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Yes, everything will be pig this year.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• MikeDingas
    replied
    Year of the Pig, huh? That explains why Berrybaskets free pattern for January is a pig theme.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Ian, beautiful job. I have just the person in mind I could make that for. However because of you I now have a problem. You pointed me to that dang web site. They have some great stuff. Now I have to decide if I want to take that second job so I can buy all those patterns. Of course taking that second job would leave zero time to scroll. The other option is to wait for my ship to come in (ha,ha,ha). I guess I will just go back into the shop and meditate.

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Just went to that site and they have nice patterns that I would like. Will have to wait until money comes in. There just is too much that I want right now. Must start producing.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeDingas
    What didn't you like about the Olson's?
    Certainly not as aggressive as FD blades and they didn't last as long. They generally felt slower to cut with. I used 3 2R Olsons cutting the inside cuts on that pig and only 1 FD SR #3 cutting the inside of the dragon on the other thread.

I used a #5 FD SR to cut the outside shape of both.

Leave a comment:

• MikeDingas
    replied
    Nice job, Ian. What didn't you like about the Olson's?

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Rolf
    What model Craftsman! Without that information we can't look up the saw and what type of clamp it has.
    Today, 07:20 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by NC Scroller
    I am guessing that your clamps have probably spread due to usage. I am not aware of any aftermarket clamps that fit your saw. Did you look at ereplacementparts.com to see if they sell clamps for your model? Sorry I could not be of more help.
    Yesterday, 11:24 AM
  • Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
    05-22-2022, 07:00 PM
  • Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    No. I haven't tried that yet...
    05-22-2022, 06:55 PM
  • Chance13
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Chance13
    I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
    05-22-2022, 11:08 AM
Working...
X