Oink Oink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oink Oink

For all over you who were born in the Year of the Pig, which is just about to begin - here's a cutting for you ...

1/2 inch oak - patern from the Fowlers - dunked in BLO .... and the inside cuts with an Olson 2R which I hated! I'd run out of suitable FD blades... but the mailman brought some more today ....
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Ian-- that is the cutest pig I have seen in a long time--but I would still eat him if he was cooked.
    Sharon

Comment

That's nice Ian. Yes I think that a lot of pig things will be cut this year.
      Diane
      Dragon
      Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
      Owner of a Dewalt 788
      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Really nice. Where did you get the pattern? I'm looking for different things for my shows this year since I have so many and that looks great and fast cutting.

Betty
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989
          Really nice. Where did you get the pattern? I'm looking for different things for my shows this year since I have so many and that looks great and fast cutting.

Betty

They're from Wayne and Jacob Fowler. The dragon one from the set is on the thread I posted a few minutes ago called Here be Dragons ...

They are designed to have a small stand under them - I just haven't done that yet ...

I was actually thinking that they might look good just cut from thin ply and put in a photo frame - they could be stackcut then ...

The site is here Betty http://www.free-webspace.biz/fantasi...Fret_Other.htm

They're the same people who did your owl/hawk design ... has it disappeared into another pile now?
          Ian

Comment

nice one ian, even more inspiration for me.
            kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Nice job, Ian. What didn't you like about the Olson's?
              Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
              Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDingas
                What didn't you like about the Olson's?
                Certainly not as aggressive as FD blades and they didn't last as long. They generally felt slower to cut with. I used 3 2R Olsons cutting the inside cuts on that pig and only 1 FD SR #3 cutting the inside of the dragon on the other thread.

I used a #5 FD SR to cut the outside shape of both.
                Ian

Comment

Just went to that site and they have nice patterns that I would like. Will have to wait until money comes in. There just is too much that I want right now. Must start producing.
                  Diane
                  Dragon
                  Owner of a Dewalt 788
                  PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Ian, beautiful job. I have just the person in mind I could make that for. However because of you I now have a problem. You pointed me to that dang web site. They have some great stuff. Now I have to decide if I want to take that second job so I can buy all those patterns. Of course taking that second job would leave zero time to scroll. The other option is to wait for my ship to come in (ha,ha,ha). I guess I will just go back into the shop and meditate.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Year of the Pig, huh? That explains why Berrybaskets free pattern for January is a pig theme.
                      Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
                      Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Yes, everything will be pig this year.
                        Diane
                        Dragon
                        Owner of a Dewalt 788
                        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Ian
                          The dragon and the pig are from the collection of zodiac signs? How big are they? The collection sure looks good and I'm thinking of getting the patterns.
                          Diane
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Ian I like your Piggy,
                            RE: Olson 2R vs Fd 3SR is not a fair comparison.
                            the 2R has 20 tpi while the FD3 SR has 13 tpi of course the FD blade will cut faster.
                            Last edited by Rolf; 01-13-2007, 11:19 AM.
                            Rolf
                            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon
                              Ian
                              The dragon and the pig are from the collection of zodiac signs? How big are they?
                              Just for you and went and found a ruler ..lol The pig is approx 9x41/2 nd and the
                              dragon 7x7 ins. Either would reduce a bit though and still be perfectectly cuttable - there are no tiny holes in them.

They are a nice set - actually I got 13 patterns rather than 12 - for some reason there are 2 different horses - which is fine by me - I'm a horse ...lol

I'll post some more when I get them cut so you can see what they look like.
                              Ian

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                                ingers crossed
                                Today, 07:35 PM
                              • cwmagee
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by cwmagee
                                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                                Today, 05:39 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                                Today, 05:26 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Rolf
                                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                                Today, 04:32 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by Rolf
                                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                                Today, 04:19 PM
                              Working...
                              X