Dapper Dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapper Dude

This is my first attempt at a portrait. This is of my grandson who will be one year old on the 22nd. Thanks to hints I got from Gill's thread on line thickness to make the pattern.
    Attached Files
    Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
    and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Really nice !
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That looks great, Bill. Nicely framed too. He definitely look dapper there - what was the occasion?
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

nice job all the way around Bill, you really did a nice bit a scrolling there
        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

excellent portrait bill,i bet he's a little gem. grandchildren are great cos' you can give them back to their parents.

kevin/pitbull
          kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Ya did good Bill, these are the kind of portraits that will be cherished for a long time to come. Keep up the great work!
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Hey, that's a cut above the sort of portraits we see so often. It's nice to know that our conversations are helping people .

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Great job Bill, what a spiffy lil' dude.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Nice job Bill. He's almost as cute as my grandson.
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Great job Bill, now you will have to keep a series of him going as he grows up. As fast as children grow and change maybe you should order blades now. Steve
                    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                    My Gallery
                    [email protected]

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments. There was no real occasion for him to wear it, my daughter put it on him to see how he would look in it and took a photo of him. He is a happy and good natured little guy and very spoiled because he is the first grandchild on both sides.

Now I just need to remember how I made the pattern because I am trying to make other patterns and am having more problems with them. A lot of it depends on the photo and what kind of lines are there for the different programs to pick them up to make the patterns. I am using Photoshop pro and Inkscape as well as the Coyote Stencil.
                      Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
                      and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

Good work Bill, and I like the caption ....nice touch !
                        ...~Robert~
                        DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
                          Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
                          by Gary beasley
                          Cutting a straight line I get it started then plant my thumb at the side of the piece and use that to stabilize the cutting path, a bit like the pin you would use on a bandsaw when resawing old style.
                          Today, 02:34 PM
                        • will8989
                          Wood supply
                          by will8989
                          We went to Groff & Groff yesterday. Purple Heart wood is stuck on a boat somewhere. They said imported exotic and hardwoods are stuck on boats. So if you see a wood you need, grab it while you can.
                          Today, 09:58 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to My beauties
                          by will8989
                          He has 4 of the long ones, but we have other sizes that he uses for clamping up his cheese board slicers, another good seller. They go for $35, left over wood from dough board. On late shift yesterday because I took a 2 hour nap around 7. Off to the saw! I have 8 days of shows in 2 weekends! And one...
                          Today, 09:49 AM
                        • RJweb
                          Reply to My beauties
                          by RJweb
                          The boards and baskets are beautiful, but maybe buy Bruce some more clamps, also I see you are on the night shift again, RJ...
                          Today, 09:28 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to My beauties
                          by will8989
                          What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
                          Today, 01:20 AM
                        Working...
                        X