Dapper Dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapper Dude

This is my first attempt at a portrait. This is of my grandson who will be one year old on the 22nd. Thanks to hints I got from Gill's thread on line thickness to make the pattern.
    Attached Files
    Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
    and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Really nice !
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That looks great, Bill. Nicely framed too. He definitely look dapper there - what was the occasion?
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

nice job all the way around Bill, you really did a nice bit a scrolling there
        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

excellent portrait bill,i bet he's a little gem. grandchildren are great cos' you can give them back to their parents.

kevin/pitbull
          kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Ya did good Bill, these are the kind of portraits that will be cherished for a long time to come. Keep up the great work!
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Hey, that's a cut above the sort of portraits we see so often. It's nice to know that our conversations are helping people .

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Great job Bill, what a spiffy lil' dude.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Nice job Bill. He's almost as cute as my grandson.
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Great job Bill, now you will have to keep a series of him going as he grows up. As fast as children grow and change maybe you should order blades now. Steve
                    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                    My Gallery
                    [email protected]

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments. There was no real occasion for him to wear it, my daughter put it on him to see how he would look in it and took a photo of him. He is a happy and good natured little guy and very spoiled because he is the first grandchild on both sides.

Now I just need to remember how I made the pattern because I am trying to make other patterns and am having more problems with them. A lot of it depends on the photo and what kind of lines are there for the different programs to pick them up to make the patterns. I am using Photoshop pro and Inkscape as well as the Coyote Stencil.
                      Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
                      and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

Good work Bill, and I like the caption ....nice touch !
                        ...~Robert~
                        DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by will8989
                          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                        • tgiro01
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by tgiro01
                          Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                          Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                          Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Plastic puzzle
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                          Yesterday, 06:38 PM
                        Working...
                        X