Second portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second portrait

I'm not really bragging on this one, it's just the second I've attempted and thought I'd put it up. It's for a customer who chose the frame style and color. I'm not too keen on the frame profile (too deep) or the red mahogany color....but that's what he wanted. It's about 11 1/2 x 13 1/2.
    Attached Files
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

well i really like it anyway neal
    kev
    kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Looks great to me Neal nice job all around
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Nicely done. Customer is always right, though.

Here is my first portrait...
        Attached Files
        Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
        Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

I like it hon-- I especialy like the white dot you put in the eye-makes it better to me.
          I don't see anything wrong with the frame either- You just have to understand some folks like dark ( uck) dark wood.
          Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDingas
            Nicely done. Customer is always right, though.

Here is my first portrait...
            Looks real nice Mike excellent artwork
            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

I like your portrait Mike. I don't get many orders for portraits...probably because I don't do many of them. Sharon...I always put that little white reflection in eyes. Seems to put more life in the piece. A little advice on that though....If you're doing an intarsia or segmentation piece that will be judged for competition, the judges will withold points if it's painted. They want to see a tiny piece of white wood in there!!! Personally I prefer paint because if I place them wrong I can always scrape it off when it dries and re-do it. If you put a hole in the wrong place in one of those eyes that is made up of four or five tiny pieces of wood....Oh well....!!
              If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Great job Neal and Mike.
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                  Reply to New tools
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                  Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                  Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                  Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by KarlB
                  Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                  Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                  by KarlB
                  Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                  Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                Working...
                X