Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the Shop

Hi All,
    Thanks for all the support during the past month with the passing of my wife. It has been a hard time, especially with the holidays. I took some time this last week to go out to the shop and try to get some saw time. Here is the result of that time. It is a Jeff Zaffino pattern, The Big Four. It is cut from 1/4" oak ply using a FD 2/0 New Spiral blade. I stacked cut 4, for Christmas presents. I broke in the granddaughters Dewalt 788 for her, as she is only 5 1/2 months old now.
    Comments Welcome! Great pattern Jeff!

Thanks again,
    Tim
    Attached Files
    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

You've done a really nice job there, Tim. Perhaps a new angel had been sent to look over your shoulder while you were cutting.

Bet wishes

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Nice work, Tim. I like that pattern - and it's nice to se you back on the board.

OK I just have to ask - why does a 5 and a half month old have a Dewalt?
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Great pattern and great job with the pattern. You did it justice. Very nice job.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

So grandpop can break it in, Ian, that's why. Which I might add, you did a darn fine job of breaking it in Tim. My grandchild isn't even BORN yet and I plan on getting her/him their first scroll saw for next Christmas. Oh yeah, they do have to be able to sit up first, don't they?

Betty
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Ya did good on breaking that saw in with a JZ pattern.
            It's good to see ya back on line and making sawdust.
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

you did great. I havent seen that pattern before, I really like it. I should mosey into his site more often i guess. Dont wear out your granddaughters saw, get your own!!! Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

It is good to see you back with us--- we missed you a great deal- Now that you have worn out your grandaughters new saw-- don't you think you need to replaceher old -- think of something good-?
                Just trying to help out the grandaughters tool collection --lol
                Sharon -
                We want to hear a lot from you

Comment

I had to get her the saw First- to match mine Second - It was at a great price and couldn't turn it down. She is kinda of sitting on her own, for a short time. Been thinking about using a high chair customized to work with the saw. My daughter will be using it for a while also. Shehas some puzzes to cut out. She gives me a bad time for giving it to Charity Jean and not her. I told her she could use the Makita 16".
                  Had a good time cutting this out. Have a few other JZ patterns that I am looking forward to getting to the saw. Have a busy week with work, trying to get caught up. Taking time to go to Spokane for the weekend to visit a good friend.
                  Have A Great Week,
                  Tim
                  "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Welcome back Tim!
                    Great job, there is no therapy like scroll therapy.
                    Those are great Christmas presents and I am sure the recipiants will be delighted.

Keep the sawdust flying

Carl
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Good to have you back online, Tim. Had been wondering how you were doing. Nice job on the JZ patterns.
                      Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Great job Tim. Looks fantastic.

Glad to see you back on the board.
                        Kelly
                        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Well, Tim, I found a piece of wood with a natural edge while I was straightening my shop up and that pattern would look great on it. I've had the wood for almost 2 years and completely forgot about it. I TOLD my husband I had the perfect pattern for it when I bought the wood, I just didn't know what it was at the time!!!

Betty
                          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                            Reply to Big week here
                            by jim_mex
                            Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                            Today, 03:32 PM
                          • Quartz43
                            Reply to New tools
                            by Quartz43
                            You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                            Today, 03:29 PM
                          • wjbclocks1
                            Reply to Big week here
                            by wjbclocks1
                            Enjoy life, Congrat....
                            Today, 01:30 PM
                          • Jim McDonald
                            Reply to New tools
                            by Jim McDonald
                            Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                            Today, 01:24 PM
                          • Jim McDonald
                            Big week here
                            by Jim McDonald
                            Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
                            Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
                            Today, 01:20 PM
                          Working...
                          X