And heeeeere''s Rocky ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And heeeeere''s Rocky ...

Just to show that occasionally I do cut something other than puzzles ... a cute raccoon .. one of Sheila Bergner Landry's forest leaf patterns ..

I just cut 6 different ones over the last couple of days - this is the only one I've finished off and put the backer on yet though .. am I alone in liking cutting better than finishing?
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

no, your not alone! the coon looks great. Those are nice fun projects to cut out, that dont take to much time and show great results quickly. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Rocky

Hi Ian, you are not alone. Great job on Rocky. These are quite fun projects to cut. I have a post in the general scroll saw area called gallery of little leaves. Here is my version with a differant color backer. Steve
      Attached Files
      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
      My Gallery
      [email protected]

Comment

Yes I saw your collection, Steve - very nice. I haven't quite been as busy as that ... In fact it was after seeing some of yours that I decided to get some more leaf patterns. I had a couple already.

So far I've cut the raccoon, the eagle head, the bear, the tree frog and the elk.
        The only one I'm a bit disappointed with is the elk pattern - it seems to lack something and I don't like the eye for some reason.

They are nice to cut though - quite quick and the veining lines in most places of the ones I've done start in a cut out section which makes life easy ..

How did you get the US flag backer that's on one of the collection of leaves - is it painted?
        Ian

Comment

Hi Ian, yes the flag is painted. When you get the pattern there will be a paint pattern included. There are still a lot of them that I have not had the chance to do yet. I also agree about the elk it seems to need to be more broadside or something. Steve
          My Gallery
          [email protected]

Comment

Nice job Ian. That's a cute little pattern.
            Jeff Powell

Comment

Originally posted by Steviegwood
              Hi Ian, yes the flag is painted. When you get the pattern there will be a paint pattern included. Steve
              Do they do ones with a maple leaf?
              Ian

Comment

Maple Leaf

Hi Ian, here is a turkey out of my little leaf collection in a maple leaf. A friend of mine had this one in an older issue of one of the magazines. I am not sure which issue or which magazine. I will try to find out for you. I have not seen this pattern offered anywhere else. Steve
                Attached Files
                My Gallery
                [email protected]

Comment

LOL .. Steve - I think you misunderstood - I meant for the backer - the maple leaf as on the Canadian flag rather than the stars and stripes.... since I'm in Canada ..

I don't think the Union Jack would look right behind a bald eagle somehow .. since they ain't in England We have golden eagles but in all my years in England I only ever saw one - what a beautiful bird! They have a similar wingspan to the bald eagle ..

I do like that turkey though - I noticed it amongst your collection when I looked - nice veining on the tail. Don't recall seeing it on Sheila's site which is where I got my other patterns ..
                  Ian

Comment

Canadian Flag

Hi Ian, oops, my mistake. See if this is of any help.
                    Attached Files
                    My Gallery
                    [email protected]

Comment

Nah it needs to look like this ..

Just been sitting here looking for that turkey pattern but can't find it ...

I like the eagle in an arrowhead i just found on the Scroller site tho ...
                      Attached Files
                      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
                        Do they do ones with a maple leaf?
                        Sheila Landry does live in Digby NS, Im sure if you contact her she would gladly make you a Canadian flag version!! Dale
                        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

In regards to the turkey pattern. It was at one time a free downloadable pattern from somewhere for a month. It is also available from Sheila Landry Designs through her site. Ask for item number FL#161 .As of right now, that is the final pattern in her forest leaf series, and it really is a beauty, my favorite one at least. If you need a link to her site, I can zap you one through PM, or you can google her. Dale
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Thanks Dale but where are you finding FL161? I've just looked again and the forest leaf patterns seem to stop at FL160 ... am I missing something??
                            Ian

Comment

Very nice Ian! Sheila is one of the best.
                              As far as finishing, no, you're not alone, hehehe.
                              Kevin
                              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                                Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                                by handibunny
                                So sorry to hear of your troubles. Please know that your forum friends are here for you in any way that can bring a measure of peace or comfort.
                                Today, 04:51 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Today’s market
                                by Rolf
                                We had our one in person fair yesterday and will pick up the remains of my Consignment show Wednesday. Rumer has it that the event did extremely well.
                                The traffic was slow this year, lots of other stuff going on in the village, nevertheless we had a great year. The majority of the items were...
                                Today, 03:15 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Dirk Boelman pattern
                                by Rolf
                                Did you ever get the pattern?
                                Today, 03:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                                by will8989
                                Ben finished the half in the top 1/3 of almost 4000 runners! Sarah still trudging along.
                                Today, 12:00 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                                by will8989
                                Prayers for you and Connie. I know what you are in for as I was my mother’s caretaker and voice. It is a 24 hour job. Her heart was strong her dementia was a whole other story. I found the best doctors I could, best place which was only 2 miles from the house and a good pair of “steeled toe combat...
                                Today, 11:58 AM
                              Working...
                              X