And heeeeere''s Rocky ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And heeeeere''s Rocky ...

Just to show that occasionally I do cut something other than puzzles ... a cute raccoon .. one of Sheila Bergner Landry's forest leaf patterns ..

I just cut 6 different ones over the last couple of days - this is the only one I've finished off and put the backer on yet though .. am I alone in liking cutting better than finishing?
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

no, your not alone! the coon looks great. Those are nice fun projects to cut out, that dont take to much time and show great results quickly. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Rocky

Hi Ian, you are not alone. Great job on Rocky. These are quite fun projects to cut. I have a post in the general scroll saw area called gallery of little leaves. Here is my version with a differant color backer. Steve
      Attached Files
      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
      My Gallery
      [email protected]

Comment

Yes I saw your collection, Steve - very nice. I haven't quite been as busy as that ... In fact it was after seeing some of yours that I decided to get some more leaf patterns. I had a couple already.

So far I've cut the raccoon, the eagle head, the bear, the tree frog and the elk.
        The only one I'm a bit disappointed with is the elk pattern - it seems to lack something and I don't like the eye for some reason.

They are nice to cut though - quite quick and the veining lines in most places of the ones I've done start in a cut out section which makes life easy ..

How did you get the US flag backer that's on one of the collection of leaves - is it painted?
        Ian

Comment

Hi Ian, yes the flag is painted. When you get the pattern there will be a paint pattern included. There are still a lot of them that I have not had the chance to do yet. I also agree about the elk it seems to need to be more broadside or something. Steve
          My Gallery
          [email protected]

Comment

Nice job Ian. That's a cute little pattern.
            Jeff Powell

Comment

Originally posted by Steviegwood
              Hi Ian, yes the flag is painted. When you get the pattern there will be a paint pattern included. Steve
              Do they do ones with a maple leaf?
              Ian

Comment

Maple Leaf

Hi Ian, here is a turkey out of my little leaf collection in a maple leaf. A friend of mine had this one in an older issue of one of the magazines. I am not sure which issue or which magazine. I will try to find out for you. I have not seen this pattern offered anywhere else. Steve
                Attached Files
                My Gallery
                [email protected]

Comment

LOL .. Steve - I think you misunderstood - I meant for the backer - the maple leaf as on the Canadian flag rather than the stars and stripes.... since I'm in Canada ..

I don't think the Union Jack would look right behind a bald eagle somehow .. since they ain't in England We have golden eagles but in all my years in England I only ever saw one - what a beautiful bird! They have a similar wingspan to the bald eagle ..

I do like that turkey though - I noticed it amongst your collection when I looked - nice veining on the tail. Don't recall seeing it on Sheila's site which is where I got my other patterns ..
                  Ian

Comment

Canadian Flag

Hi Ian, oops, my mistake. See if this is of any help.
                    Attached Files
                    My Gallery
                    [email protected]

Comment

Nah it needs to look like this ..

Just been sitting here looking for that turkey pattern but can't find it ...

I like the eagle in an arrowhead i just found on the Scroller site tho ...
                      Attached Files
                      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
                        Do they do ones with a maple leaf?
                        Sheila Landry does live in Digby NS, Im sure if you contact her she would gladly make you a Canadian flag version!! Dale
                        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

In regards to the turkey pattern. It was at one time a free downloadable pattern from somewhere for a month. It is also available from Sheila Landry Designs through her site. Ask for item number FL#161 .As of right now, that is the final pattern in her forest leaf series, and it really is a beauty, my favorite one at least. If you need a link to her site, I can zap you one through PM, or you can google her. Dale
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Thanks Dale but where are you finding FL161? I've just looked again and the forest leaf patterns seem to stop at FL160 ... am I missing something??
                            Ian

Comment

Very nice Ian! Sheila is one of the best.
                              As far as finishing, no, you're not alone, hehehe.
                              Kevin
                              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                                ingers crossed
                                Today, 07:35 PM
                              • cwmagee
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by cwmagee
                                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                                Today, 05:39 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                                Today, 05:26 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Rolf
                                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                                Today, 04:32 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by Rolf
                                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                                Today, 04:19 PM
                              Working...
                              X