Leave a comment:

• dbfly
    replied
    here is a short vid on how to use gimp to make stencles
    How to make Stencils in Gimp - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Powakee
    replied
    Artweaver is another "freebie" that will easily substitute for Adobe Photoshop. They have both the "free" version and a "for sale" version.

John

Leave a comment:

• Jeff R
    replied
    thanks chris i will check both out

Leave a comment:

• TheWoodArtist
    replied
    I use Inkscape (Inkscape. Draw Freely.) and Gimp (GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program) which both are free to download and as far as learning them there are tutors all over Utube and on other fourms. When I first started using these I searched on google for info on how to use them to make scrollsaw patterns and found a bunch for both which helped me learn how to use these programs. What makes these different is Inkscape is vector based and gimp is a GNU Image Manipulation program. They both do basically the same thing. I mostly use gimp to make the pattern and then use Inkscape to make the size (i.e 8x10, 10x13, 11x14 and so on) and then go back to gimp to clean it up. You could use inkscape and do all the same or use just gimp. I know gimp more than inkscape so that's why I do it this way. I suggest downloading both and searching for tutor videos and even search the other fourms and then decide if you want just one or still want both programs and again they are free. My opinion as I've tried the pay software and found no difference in them and these two free ones. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff R
    started a topic portrait software

portrait software

looking to get into doing portraits . and was wondering if any could recommend a easy to use software

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X