No announcement yet.

"The Man in Black" scroll saw portrait.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Man in Black" scroll saw portrait.

Here's a pattern I designed from the famous picture. It took me over 4 hours to cut the guitar but it was well worth it.

Hmm...I hope the pic uploads ok...if not you can view it here

http://www.kerrysworld.com/images/SSP/0085_portrait.jpg
    Attached Files
    Check me out on the web:
    http://www.kerrysworld.com

Hi and welcome Kerry - nice to see someone else from the East coast of Canada..:-) You have some nice looking stuff on your site...
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Thank you for the welcome and the compliment Ian.
      Check me out on the web:

Comment

Welcome aboard Kerry! And nice job on both the pattern and cutting.
        I too like doing portraits, I checked out your site and liked your work, very nice.
        What kind of software do you use? Do you also use a graphic pad to aid in you designs? I use coyote and am learning PSP 8, I don't have a graphic pad yet but Christmas is right around the corner
        I look forward to seeing more of your work, and hope to see you around here on the board!
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Thank you Bill. I use Paint Shop Pro 9 to create the patterns I cut. I do have a graphics tablet but I don't find I need it as much as I thought I would...but yeah, I do use it for some things.

I have cut a lot of pictures that are not on display on my website right now because they are "under wraps" until xmas day. Then I will bulk copy them up and they will be viewable.
          Check me out on the web:

Comment

checked out your site also Kerry and I am very impressed with your patterns and your art work
            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
              Today, 09:12 PM
            • Tom in Ashland
              The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
              by Tom in Ashland
              Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
              Today, 08:08 PM
            • keystonecop
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by keystonecop
              Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
              Today, 06:14 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by KarlB
              " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
              Today, 04:02 PM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
              by NC Scroller
              Thanks Betty for asking. Staples came out today. There are some internal stiches that will dissolve over time. Jane is still doing PT twice a week. The only normal activity, whatever she can tolerate, but she is not allowed to swim due to the risk of infection. She will still have to keep icing...
              Today, 11:52 AM
            Working...
            X