first attempt at portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first attempt at portraits

this is my first attempt at a portrait, i bought the coyote stencil shop 3 , my computer illiteracy gets in the way but im learning,
    Attached Files

Everyone started from square ONE learning about computers, I'd say you are well on your way. Sweeeeet pattern and cuts. Love to see what other members are working on, thanks for posting your pictures.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

That is nice! You did a great job especially for a first one. Is the Coyote program easy to learn/use?
      Tammy

Comment

Lefty, That is a great start! You might want to try GIMP and Inkscape, both are free and I found them easier to use.
        Good luck
        Don R
        http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
        http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
        Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

after getting that far i found it pretty easy , the next one i try wont have nearly as much detail so it ought to be a breeze there are a lot of youtube tutorials for this program

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
            Reply to My covid angel
            by NC Scroller
            Whatever way you decide to do if you are happy and your brother in law is happy it was a good idea. If you really want to be brave use it as a learning experience. Make several of them using different suggestions and see the difference....
            Today, 12:35 PM
          • Bill Wilson
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Bill Wilson
            Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
            Today, 09:51 AM
          • planeur
            Reply to My covid angel
            by planeur
            Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
            I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
            Was it a good idea.....?...
            Today, 09:45 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to My covid angel
            by Rolf
            Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
            Today, 09:02 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Rolf
            The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
            Today, 08:49 AM
          Working...
          X