The pattern, the saw, and the beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pattern, the saw, and the beer

I started the day with an Ed Hardy pattern, a scroll saw and a 12 pack of beer.

here is where i am as of now.

Now I just need to paint them all and reassemble.
    Attached Files

OMIGOSH! What a splendid project - I can't imagine how much TIME that has to take!

Comment

The cutting takes a couple sessions of an hour or two each.

its the sorting the pieces, sanding and painting that is time consuming and a bit boring.

I just finished all that and now am just waiting for the stuff to dry so i can reassemble it all. Funny thing that there will always be a piece or two painted the wrong color or on the wrong side or something like that. Then I have to paint just those tiny pieces which will take another day to dry. The worst thing that happens is the cat will knock everything over or the wind will blow everything over then i have about 100 pieces all over the place.

Comment

I haven't looked very closely at your other post but how do you hide the pilot holes?
        Keith

Comment

Originally posted by martzy View Post
          I haven't looked very closely at your other post but how do you hide the pilot holes?
          I only use a #71 drill bit or smaller so that helps. You can still see some of them but nit much avoiding that. On this project I tried something a bit different where i put the pilot holes completely in the black border figuring it would get painted black anyway.

This worked alot better then my old technique of putting them as close to the line as i could get.

The majority of this one was done with a 3/0 metal blade and a #73 bit. That was for the tinier areas.

For the bigger areas it was a 2/0 and #71 bit.

Comment

That is awesome work and I hope you show some of your pics to
            the next person that asks about using an air brush on their projects!
            God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

nobody asked the important question... what kinda beer did you use for this project??????????????????????????

Jerry

Comment

Very fine detail cutting. You are a very patient person I can tell.

Comment

Nice work, looking forward to seeing the finished project.
                  Merle
                  SSG US Army Retired.
                  [email protected]
                  http://www.etsy.com/your/listings

Comment

Here is the finished project. Thanks for al the kind words. The beer was bud light!!

The first one is the pieces painted.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done....Shops and beer do not mix though....JMHO.
                      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You are very patient, and excellent work, hope i can get to this stage one day.

Andy

Comment

Another great project from start to finish. Thanks for showing all of the steps
                          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Nice job on an interesting project. The detail is amazing and only another scroller would notice the tiny starter holes. I also agree with Mike that beer(or any alcohol for that matter) is not a good lubricant for power tools even if it is a good lubricant for people.

george
                            A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                            George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Nice idea. The painting is awesome. Just imagine the project if you drank Yeungling Black & Tan.
                              Karl Taylor
                              Tayco Designs / KT Designs

www.scrollsawvideo.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by NC Scroller
                                My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                                Today, 07:42 AM
                              • will8989
                                by will8989
                                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                              Working...
                              X