Some Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Practice

Hello Everyone, here's a few of the things I have been working on. Its all for practice now. Any suggestions are more than welcome. The toxic one was just an experiment with some letters and the foam stuff..thinking of ways to paint it up..kinda fitting for a fourteen year old's messy room. The other ones were my more serious attempts at learning curves and angled cuts and what not..thanks for looking..

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your post.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 03-18-2012, 11:14 AM.

i finished the home sweet home last week stained the back for it in dark walnut and painted the letters white it was fun doing that one

Comment

Those home ones were kinda challenging and really fun to do. Working on some other ones now. Fun stuff. Thanks for the reply lefty.

Comment

you have been busy. Good job
        Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
        Desert Woodcrafters
        Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Okay!!!! I say you're finished practicing and have actually made some final products - you are doing great work!

Comment

Thanks Stephen and Patte. Woods, thanks for moving it to the right place.

Comment

Looks good. I really like the toxic one.
              My Gallery

Comment

Really nice work! Especially for "practice." Looks more like projects to me. Your framework on Home Sweet Home adds a nice touch. And I agree that TOXIC is "kinda fitting for a fourteen year old's messy room."

Comment

Thanks Formula and Sue.

Comment

Well If that's practice, I can't wait to see what you come up with when you get serious..
                    That's some great work...!!!!

The Toxic is hilarious...
                    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                    No task is too tedious for Art.
                    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

i like the merry christmas one too, i like to think of every piece as a practice piece for if it came out perfect every time i think i may get bored and try to find something more challenging , thats why i like scrolling always a challenge in every piece

Comment

I think we've got a ringer here, looks pretty good to me.
                        May the wind at you back .....
                        Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Thanks Jim, I am working hard to get the hang of it. Yeah Lefty, I see what you mean, it is very challenging I just do this for fun now so its all practice, not too sure when I'll feel confident enough selling my stuff. Ah, Oily thanks, no ringer here, just a letterhead at heart and been drawing letters most of my life so the saw is weird, its like a sharpie with a blade ! Been Practicing drawing my own letters and words using some of the Speilman/Boelman/Burghout patterns as examples as how they are put together. Posting some new stuff over the next few days.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X