Finished this portrait today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished this portrait today..

This one took me quite a while to do as I was limited due to a back and hip injury to just a few minutes of cutting time each day. I asked for a little pattern help and several of our designers stepped up to the plate. My customer chose the pattern created by Sarah.

Thanks to everyone who contributed...
    Attached Files
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

just seen it on the FB,
    looks great mike,sorry too hear about your hip and back injury,hope its ok now,
    if not get well soon.
    not doing much
    and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Very nice.
      Keith

Comment

Very nice cutting Mike, take care...
        Frieke
        www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Nice Job, Mike. Sorry to hear your injuries are slowing you down but they don't seem to have affected your cutting skills.

Bubba
          "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Sweeeet cuts Mike, was wondering why you have not been posting some of your projects lately. Always fun to see what you are up to. Sorry to read about your health issues, get well soon.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Thank you all for the nice words. It sure was nice to get some sawdust time in...I really like my dust deputy. It really does a great job and increased the effectiveness of my shop vac by untold percentages......I can't speak highly enough about it.
              "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Looks cool Woods, makes me think of a design for a recliner/saw would be sweet. Good to see ya working still though.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement...I am healing each and every day and hope to be well very soon. The setbacks are discouraging however. I stubbed my toe on an anti fatigue mat in the shop Thursday and oh my word it caused a spasm in my lower back that buckled my knees and sent me to the floor gasping for air...Such intense pain.....Quick trip to my Chiro and I am making progress again...I am being careful to not spend much time on the computer or in the shop unless I can multitask out there.
                  "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

VERY nice job indeed. I love it.
                    Check me out on the web:
                    http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Very nicely done, hope you get better soon. Edward
                      http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00&ppuser=6384

Comment

NO please don't tell me you are working out in the shop with bare feet or flip flops........
                        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

No never working in the shop. Just transporting items to the garbage can stored in the shop...as it is also my garage but not used for that purpose...
                          "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Nice job Mike, I'm sure they will be delighted.

I sympathise with the back. Back pain can be one of the worst.

Get well soon.
                            Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Really nice cutting Mike! So sorry to hear that you have been down in the back...it stinks gettin' old - lol! Seriously tho, I hope you get to feelin' better and take it easy until you can get back to normal activities. Better to take some time to heal now than to have permanent damage. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!
                              ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                                Today, 09:57 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                                I like the fact...
                                Today, 08:34 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                                Today, 08:17 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
                                Today, 08:17 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Rolf
                                Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
                                Today, 08:10 AM
                              Working...
                              X