finished wife's valentine gift, finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished wife's valentine gift, finally

here's wife's finished vatlentine gift, plus a few other projects...
    oh, almost forgot, need a lesson or two on how NOT to burn the wood, when torchin the fuzzies, please?
    Attached Files

Those are FABULOUS! Whichever one was the Valentine Gift was very much loved, I'm sure!

As for burning off the fuzzies, my experience has been practice, practice, practice - I've located one spot just off the point of the blue flame and found a minimum distance I have to be from the wood, and then pay attention to how quickly I move the flame -- it varies depending on wood type.

Or, you make the burns part of the art work!

Comment

Hey Tim, Very nice work there! I guess the best way to not burn when torchin is... Don't torch! Actually I have never tried it so I really don't know.
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

that's the kind of work I would like to learn to do.....that is great work for sure.

Comment

digger, it doesn’t take much, just keep practing on other stuff til you feel comfy at tryin one of these…when you think you’re ready, try somethin simple first, it if not happy with it, keep practicing…..for me, it’s purely relaxin….well, “adele, lady gaga, taylor swift, areosmith, and a few other choice album selections” help make my scrollin easier

Comment

Nice ones Tim!! I particularly like the horse at the stable door.
            Don R
            http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
            http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
            Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

You did a great job on those very nice work.Jerry
              Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

nice work TIM,
                i too use a torch too burn off fuzzies,but find that a few scorch marks tend too add a bit of charecter too the piece,or maybe its just me being lazy,not removing them...lol
                not doing much
                and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Tim, good job... I had a father inlaw who made clocks from old railroad ties. he would burn it really good then use a wire brush on it. Looked cool...Lance

Comment

Looking good Tim,Had a thought looking at you horses in the barn,I would try cutting the horse out ,stain the barn ,a weathered gray add a backer w/boards look lines stained a little darker gray then stain the horse your perfered shade maybe a roan color ,just a thought ,I think I would jump off the page.not takeing away from your work ,you did an excellent job.Like a said just a thought,
                    M.V.B. Carl
                    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
                    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

mr. carl, any idea or comment is needed and/or put into thought for future cuttings, so thanx for that, i had been wonderin how i could stain just certain parts, w/o it bleeding into another part of the pattern, so now i’ll know on my next attempt at this cut….ok, now, any ideas for backer color for the grey stable horse cutting? i’m thinkin black???

Comment

darker gray or darker what ever you make the barn,you could always cut out the horse on one you have made if it does't already have a home!
                        M.V.B.
                        Carl
                        "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
                        Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
                          Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                          by KarlB
                          Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                          Today, 09:31 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                          by will8989
                          Beautiful!...
                          Today, 09:19 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Big week here
                          by will8989
                          Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
                          Today, 09:09 PM
                        • jim_mex
                          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                          by jim_mex
                          Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                          ingers crossed
                          Today, 07:35 PM
                        • cwmagee
                          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                          by cwmagee
                          I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                          Today, 05:39 PM
                        Working...
                        X