Wilckens Tower of Time completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilckens Tower of Time completed

Woodworking is a hobby, so after more than 2 years at a project, it is nice to finally complete it. The bottom cabinet was all we did this fall/winter. Wilkens patterns are a challange to do but the project is unique. We built our version at 78 % and it is 87 inches tall. The floors are plywood, the main wood is oak and the others are maple , walnut and cherry. We have the Westminster Chimes in it. Other than the size it is fairly close to the pattern,
    but we always do a couple of changes to make it our own.
    If anyone else is making or has made this project, we'd love to see your work.
    Norman and Rose
    Attached Files

WOW all I can say, that is some BEAUTIFUL work.Jerry
    Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

That is just simply spectacular! I love the great clocks and this pattern is up there among the best. Outstanding work!
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

That is beautiful !!!

Comment

Having just completed this magnificent project, what will you do next?

I don't do this type of work, but that doesn't stop me from admiring an incredibly beautiful job. Thanks for sharing.
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Ho lee cow, that is one sweeeeeet project. Congrats on your fortitude. Beautiful.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Norman & Rose, that is most beautiful ! I can't imagine the patience it would take. I don't have much, HA. That's why I don't do them. I know I could do it, but, can't make myself try. It is most Exquisit. You also do well with the assembly. Thanks for sharing it with us.
              PERK

Comment

WOW, you done good.

Bob
                Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

That is amazing I can see how that would take forever to complete. Thank you for sharing this work with us all. Great selection of woods they blend in beautifully.
                  I am in awe of this wonderful work.
                  jim
                  penquin

Comment

Absolutely amazing work.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic,
                      you must have the patience of a saint to complete that piece,well done.
                      not doing much
                      and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

WOW
                        Norman & Rose you created an amazing keep sake. I would love to see that it person. Are you bring it to Richland Center the next time you make the long journey. Just kidding
                        Thanks for sharing.
                        www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Words can't do it justice Norman and Rose. Awesome job!
                          Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

WOW! that is so awesome

Comment

Thank you , each of you , for the kind comments. There were times we did need a bit of encouragement, but now it is satisfying to have it done and to be able to think of other things to do. We tend to do woodwork mainly in the winter, so much of our season is over.
                              Donna, roads run both ways, you guys would be welcome to visit. This is a stay-at-home kind of clock. ;-) , so I doubt it will be venturing your way. Nice to hear from you, though.
                              Our next project will be a lot smaller.
                              Norman and Rose

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X