Police Officer Memorial Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officer Memorial Plaque

I made 2 of these wall plaques and will be donating them to the NYPD 75pct and the family of PO Peter Figoski. On December 12, 2011, PO Figoski gave up his life for the people of New York when he responded to a robbery and was shot and killed. He was eligible to retire a few years ago, but continued to work in one of the most dangerous precincts so he could put his 4 teen daughters through college.

These plaques are 26" high by 22" wide and made from Walnut, Cherry, Maple, Red Oak, Yellowheart and Mesquite. Special thanks to Paul from the U.K. who helped with this project by designing the portrait for me. He did an incredible job and I'm grateful for his assistance. I'm looking forward to presenting these plaques to the officer's family and fellow co-workers.
    Attached Files

Police Officer Memorial Plaque

WOW You did a great job of designing and layout of your work. You also used the different types of woods very nicely. His family and fellow police officers will appreciate this memorial.

Thank you for remembering someone who puts their life on the line for our protection.
    The love of God is like the ocean,
    you can see its beginning, but not its end.

Comment

What an elegant and touching tribute! While nothing can bring such a dedicated and devoted person back, the plaque is sure to give comfort to his friends and family.

Congratulations on a magnificent piece of work!
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Outstanding project for a true Hero. Kudos to you sawdust11703 to honor him in your own way.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

That's a beautiful tribute, RIP Officer Figoski

Comment

great job,looks great,
            and paul made a great job of the potrait,he is a talented designer,
            he has helped me out on many occasions.
            not doing much
            and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Very nice, The famoly and friends will enjoy it. Edward
              http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00&ppuser=6384

Comment

Very nice...his family will treasure it I'm sure

Comment

Very well done and ditto to what everyone else has said.Jerry
                  Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Thank you all. I appreciate the kind comments!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                      Old Tool - Reborn
                      by tgiro01
                      With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
                      Today, 03:24 PM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
                      by Rolf
                      I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
                      Today, 10:23 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
                      by Rolf
                      Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
                      Today, 10:19 AM
                    • Jimern
                      by Jimern
                      I dropped my subscription long ago, so maybe I should not chime in, but I dropped it mostly due to the pattern pull out.

I do not have a flat bed scanner, nor do I want one, so that is my issue.

But the result is that if I cut a pattern to scan, I have also cut the parts of...
                      Today, 07:55 AM
                    • Quartz43
                      by Quartz43
                      +1 on NC Scroller's suggestions. I would add that on appropriate patterns stop using the grey as it would make it easier to copy.

It says a lot if Fox Publishing does not comment on an issue like this. Even if they said they are aware that people have concerns and are looking into it...
                      Yesterday, 08:15 PM
                    Working...
                    X