scrolled pen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scrolled pen

This is only my third pen that I have ever made so it is not perfect. I used maple for the pen. I scrolled the deer head in it then used black inlace to fill the cut. After everything dried I tunded it out and this is what I ended up with. The maple ended up having an antler color to it. Bobby
    Last edited by Scrollriffic; 05-08-2014, 11:00 PM.

Love turned pens ......masterful job .......
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Sweeeeet cut and turning Scrollriffic. Thanks for posting.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I would like to know how you scrolled that?
        Cherie Lee
        http://www.cewoodworks.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
          by will8989
          I do all my puzzles in 3/4” wood, mostly poplar but some cherry or walnut....
          Yesterday, 10:57 PM
        • millwab
          by millwab
          Understandable for your baskets Betty, but in my experience 1/4” solid wood for puzzles tends to not hold up very well. Especially the small locks....
          Yesterday, 08:57 AM
        • will8989
          Planer do
          by will8989
          Should read planer Died yesterday. But Bruce got out his instruction book and google and got it apart. Needs new belt, plastic cover and pulley gear. Ordered from eBay and should have by Monday. Of course all work on dough boards stopped. $55 is much cheaper than a new planer. Oh well, on to the next...
          Yesterday, 08:48 AM
        • will8989
          by will8989
          My customers won’t buy anything cut from plywood. I’ve spoiled them. I use poplar for all my kid puzzles. With Bruce volunteering at the County Park antique sawmill, I have an endless supply of poplar. My current batch is green and white striped. I make cases for all my puzzles and back them with...
          Yesterday, 08:43 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Wood supply
          by will8989
          I have enough of that. I bought 3 sheets of 1/8 and 1/4 a few months back. Bruce was at the sawmill yesterday and the superintendent of the Park told them they were getting over 50 oak trees from various county parks. The trees have sort of bug that is killing them . They will be quarantining them in...
          Yesterday, 07:40 AM
        Working...
        X