Eagle/US Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle/US Flag

Gift for Conservative Son-In-Law, hope you all like it. First thing I have made in ages. Eagle mounted on flag to hang on wall of office.

Doug just a heads up. I get a 404 error page not published when i click on your website link...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM.
    Taking It Real Easy
    Doug

Doug's Wood Puzzles and Gallery

Beautiful!!!! I too am an eagle/Flag nut. US Navy vet.

Comment

Sweeeet project Doug, hope to see more from you now that you've gotten back "in the groove."
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Great work......My question is ......."WHERE'D YOU GET THE EYE??? ".... been trying to find them in all of our local craft suppy stores and no one handles anything like them......I assume it's glass.......ended up making one (or tried to ) looks like crap.........but..........will have to try another method but am stumped at this time.

Comment

Forgive me Doug if I'm wrong but, Dave, from what I can see, it just looks like there is an eye but instead it's cut to look like it. It's a great allusion!! Of course my eyes aren't as good as they once were. I might be wrong here.
          David
          My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

Originally posted by daveW View Post
            Great work......My question is ......."WHERE'D YOU GET THE EYE??? "
            Dave I use an Eagle pattern from the book"Wildlife Patterns" by Lora S Irish. I should have given the credit where due, Sorry Mis Irish.
            Guitarman, you were correct a well designed pattern. The flag I took from flag images on the net and glued it to 1/4 Plywood. Installed hanging hardware on the rear.
            Doug
            Last edited by Doug Nelson; 01-19-2012, 10:01 AM.
            Taking It Real Easy
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by daveW View Post
              Great work......My question is ......."WHERE'D YOU GET THE EYE??? ".... been trying to find them in all of our local craft suppy stores and no one handles anything like them......I assume it's glass.......ended up making one (or tried to ) looks like crap.........but..........will have to try another method but am stumped at this time.
              Hi, Dave. I did my own version of an eye for a carving that I did of a Deer. I didn't detail it but, it could be touched up with paint. Like the pupil etc. I used clear Acrylic caulk. Just enough to make a round dot inside the drilled out area for the eye. Just thought I would throw that in for you in case you would want to try it. Thanks
              PERK

Comment

Doug, I love the idea, it's Great. You did a real nice job on it & I love the wood used for the Eagle. Thanks
                PERK

Comment

Perfect choice of wood for the eagle. Great concept hope you are feeling better.
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike, thanks for the heads up on my site address, it is fixed. And thanks for the complement on my project.
                    Doug
                    Taking It Real Easy
                    Doug

Comment

nice looking eagle

Comment

Good work - flag sets it off too ...........
                        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Gorgeous, very beautiful work.

Comment

Thanks everyone, gave this to my Son-in-law last Friday for his birthday, he loved it. It now hangs on his office wall.
                            Doug
                            Taking It Real Easy
                            Doug

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X