Dome Clock Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome Clock Question

I have been working on this project off and on for years and I am to the 5th level which is the dome. The inside pieces (Panel pieces) are beveled and it states to cut to the bevel angle that is needed. Does anyone who has done this project have any suggestions on determining the angles it needs to be cut?

Thanks for your help

I made one awhile back. The angles if got it right ,top and bottem < 22.5 degrees
    the side bevels @12-13 degrees. Put your uprights into place then make a scrap piece to test the angles. Cut the flat parts not removing the lines. I now have a disc sander which makes it easy to sand back to the lines and true the bevels as needed. I hope this might be of help to you.
    Can we see pics ?
    Norman
    Last edited by north wood clocks; 01-13-2012, 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Completed Dome Clock

Finally complete after several years of working on it (off & on).
      Attached Files

Comment

Good job!
        I admire you guys that can complete those.

It's all fun
        Terry
        Craftsman 18"
        Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Hello tnirish
          It is so nice to see a project like that get to the completed stage. It looks like you did a very nice job. What kinds of woods did you use? What did you finish it with?
          Great to see your picture. We always like to see pictures (especially clocks)

If you are interested in putting doorknobs on it or other minature hardware, try Houseworks.com. in Atlanta Georgia. {our favorite doorknobs are 1139 and 1105 in their catalogue} . If you are going to shows, we like to put a toothpick flag in a pinhole at the tip. Hope you don't mind the extra information.

You will get a lot of positive feedback. A lot of people really seem to like that clock.
          Norman

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
            by NC Scroller
            I get them from Amazon. I normally buy them in packages of 100....
            Today, 07:37 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Big week here
            by NC Scroller
            Leading up to my retirement I too worried about who would replace me. Truth be told I was more worried than my management. It took a couple months after my retirement for the feelings to go away. Now I only miss the people and not the job.
            Today, 07:32 AM
          • will8989
            Bruce, the one on probation
            by will8989
            is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
            Today, 12:59 AM
          • will8989
            Sundays market
            by will8989
            When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
            Today, 12:46 AM
          • will8989
            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
            by will8989
            I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
            Today, 12:27 AM
          Working...
          X