Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ubgoofy2003
    replied
    Thanks again Kim. My wife tells me I have no patience. When I work on a piece like this & most others too, I get involved with the completion & how well I do it. Don't know where I get patiece for the delicate things like this. I do enjoy doing them, though. I'm working on one that is a big number cut. It's the Iwo Jima flag raising of WW II.

Leave a comment:

• penquin1
    replied
    That is simply awesome great work, thanks for taking the time to share it with us.
    jim
    penquin

Leave a comment:

• lkbraa
    replied
    Thanx Perk for the info. You're right 'bout all print...it's hard to put artistic flare without making it too busy. You did an outstanding job on all the cuts, I can't imagine doing all that fretwork - believe it or not I do not seem to have that much patience for all the drilling and blade/hole changing...go figure - lol!?! I admire anyone that does and completes such a quality piece.

Leave a comment:

• ubgoofy2003
    replied
    Thank you for the comments & Kim, the hands & hearts were painted, the rest is cut with the red backer board. I am always curious about what the pattern will be each year. I do like to make some original changes in the finished piece, but, this year there was so much print, I decided I better stick with it as it was. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• guitarman
    replied
    Very impressive work! No wonder your friend comes back to you each year.
    David

Leave a comment:

• Sunlion
    replied
    Very professional job, well done.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    Nicely done. I originally thought it was for Native American celebration. Not Narcotics Anonymous. My bad...Good for you in either case.

Leave a comment:

• lkbraa
    replied
    WOW Perk...that is a lot of detailed work...they look great! Is that all scrolled work or did you paint some of it too? I know your friend is very grateful to recieve such a beautiful gift each year!

Leave a comment:

• ubgoofy2003
    started a topic Another NA Plaque:::

Another NA Plaque:::

Just finished another Plaque for a friend who works on the fundraising board for NA. Charity. I have done this for him, the last three years. I look forward to each pattern design & try to come up with something different. This year, I wasn't able to change the look & keep it as original as possible. So, this is what it looked like when I finished. Thanks for looking.
    I forgot to describe the project, so this is what I did. The plaque is 1/2 in. ply with 1/4 in. oak for the NA in the middle. All letters are cut out & the ones in the center are 3D (one addict helping another) The picture is hand painted with red foam backer board.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ubgoofy2003; 12-19-2011, 12:19 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X