Another NA Plaque:::

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another NA Plaque:::

Just finished another Plaque for a friend who works on the fundraising board for NA. Charity. I have done this for him, the last three years. I look forward to each pattern design & try to come up with something different. This year, I wasn't able to change the look & keep it as original as possible. So, this is what it looked like when I finished. Thanks for looking.
    I forgot to describe the project, so this is what I did. The plaque is 1/2 in. ply with 1/4 in. oak for the NA in the middle. All letters are cut out & the ones in the center are 3D (one addict helping another) The picture is hand painted with red foam backer board.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ubgoofy2003; 12-19-2011, 12:19 PM.
    PERK

WOW Perk...that is a lot of detailed work...they look great! Is that all scrolled work or did you paint some of it too? I know your friend is very grateful to recieve such a beautiful gift each year!
    ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Nicely done. I originally thought it was for Native American celebration. Not Narcotics Anonymous. My bad...Good for you in either case.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very professional job, well done.
        The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Very impressive work! No wonder your friend comes back to you each year.
          David
          My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

Thank you for the comments & Kim, the hands & hearts were painted, the rest is cut with the red backer board. I am always curious about what the pattern will be each year. I do like to make some original changes in the finished piece, but, this year there was so much print, I decided I better stick with it as it was. Thanks again.
            PERK

Comment

Thanx Perk for the info. You're right 'bout all print...it's hard to put artistic flare without making it too busy. You did an outstanding job on all the cuts, I can't imagine doing all that fretwork - believe it or not I do not seem to have that much patience for all the drilling and blade/hole changing...go figure - lol!?! I admire anyone that does and completes such a quality piece.
              ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

That is simply awesome great work, thanks for taking the time to share it with us.
                jim
                penquin

Comment

Thanks again Kim. My wife tells me I have no patience. When I work on a piece like this & most others too, I get involved with the completion & how well I do it. Don't know where I get patiece for the delicate things like this. I do enjoy doing them, though. I'm working on one that is a big number cut. It's the Iwo Jima flag raising of WW II.
                  PERK

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                    Reply to My covid angel
                    by NC Scroller
                    Whatever way you decide to do if you are happy and your brother in law is happy it was a good idea. If you really want to be brave use it as a learning experience. Make several of them using different suggestions and see the difference....
                    Today, 12:35 PM
                  • Bill Wilson
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by Bill Wilson
                    Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
                    Today, 09:51 AM
                  • planeur
                    Reply to My covid angel
                    by planeur
                    Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
                    I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
                    Was it a good idea.....?...
                    Today, 09:45 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to My covid angel
                    by Rolf
                    Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
                    Today, 09:02 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Tough Decisions
                    by Rolf
                    The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
                    Today, 08:49 AM
                  Working...
                  X