Oval flower cuttings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oval flower cuttings

These cuttings were done in solid oak and mahogany with matching oval frames. The frames were also made by me. One of my specialties. The cuttings were done a while back but thought you may be interested in seeing them. Frame size is 5x7 and backing of various colors done in suede matboard and normal matboard for other colors.
    Attached Files

Nicely done.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice work
      The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Those are absolutely beautiful. Really like them all, and the frames are also outstanding. Great work, thanks for sharing. If you can share how the frames are make that would we super, they are great.
        jim
        [email protected]

Comment

Very nice job!!! I agree...the frames are great! Did you use a router on the edges or just free sanding? They would make great designs for box lids.

Thanx for posting and keep up the great work!
          ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

You did a very nice job with the whole lot of them. I like to make frames for all my pieces, most are square though. I was wondering how you attached them to the oval piece of art. The finish is fantastic. Thanks for showing them.
            PERK

Comment

Those are just lovely, especially as a group, and the frames set them off beautifully. Thanks for sharing.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

They are absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words. To answer a few questions. The frames are cut from a template on a pin router. Which is a router suspended overhead on an arm and follows a pin on the table below. The template has a grouve cut in it for the pin to follow. The hardest part is to make the template. It has to be perfect. You can then make as many as you want all the same. I have templates for most standard sizes of ovals.The shaping is done with an under table router and the picture is held in by a rabbet cut in the backw the same as a rectangle frame.I hope that answers your questions. Thanks again for the kind words.

Collis

Comment

Very clever the way you make those oval frames and obviously something to be proud of. I don't know if you attend craft fairs but if you do I would imagine you would sell a lot of those.

Comment

Those are beautifully done. Thanks for sharing your work and tips.

george
                      A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                      George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Originally posted by cwatson
                        To answer a few questions. The frames are cut from a template on a pin router. Which is a router suspended overhead on an arm and follows a pin on the table below. The template has a grouve cut in it for the pin to follow. The hardest part is to make the template. It has to be perfect. You can then make as many as you want all the same. I have templates for most standard sizes of ovals.The shaping is done with an under table router and the picture is held in by a rabbet cut in the backw the same as a rectangle frame.I hope that answers your questions. Thanks again for the kind words.
                        Sweeeeet looking projects Collins, and I agree they look awesome grouped together.
                        About your description on making the frames with a pin router setup.....your 'splanation is right on, but my eyeballs are starving. Any chance of a photo?
                        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X