Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba n Tenn Twisted Nails Cross finished

Hello All,
    Here is my cutting of Bubb N Tenn's Twisted Nails Cross. I made it from 1/4" solid Walnut. I did not put a finish on it yet because I am not sure how to finish it. I may also put a backer on it. It is almost 10" high. I would suggest NOT useing plywood because the points or tips my be to fragile for the plywood. Thanks again Bubba for a great pattern. As always suggestions or comments are welcome. Thanks.
    Mark
    Attached Files
    Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Dip it in danish oil (watco and 50/50 mix of mineral spirits) and then let it drip dry for about 10 minutes and then blow off the excess. You did a nice job!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Nice job cutting. Thanks for sharing.
      Mike

Mike Fehring's Artistry in Wood
      http://www.mikefehring.com
      Mike Fehring's Free Patterns

Comment

Very nice cutting looks like you took your time and it shows, great work.
        thanks for sharing it with us all.
        Look forward to seeing the cross when you decide on a finish.
        jim
        penquin

Comment

How very beautiful! Just like I imagined it would be when I started working on the pattern so many years ago. I never had time to cut it and I never thought anyone else would take the time to cut it. You've made me very happy. Thank you so much. You are a credit to your trade.
          I agree with Mike about the finish, by the way, especially with all the small openings. I think it would look great.
          "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Beautiful job and using the Watco Natural will make it pop without hiding any of the walnut beauty. Several dippings, a few hours apart, will really make it shine.

george
            A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
            George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Thanks everyone. Thanks Bubba for the kind words. I finished in BLO/Mineral spirits and waitig for it to dry. It took a total of 3 1/2 hours and I stack cut 3. I guess thats not to bad. I am glad I cut it yesterday because when I went in the garage this morning it was 29 degrees in there. I guess my next project will be in the spring.
              Mark
              Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X