Some kittens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some kittens

I feel I have made more progress since my last post, most certainly with materials. The internet is such a blessing when there are certain things we need and with some determination and some good fortune I have found exactly what I need to improve my portrait work. I have the finishes just right now and yesterday I managed to get some frames with a deep enough recess on the back so I can keep the glass in as well as the 3/16th birch ply and the 3/16th MDF backing board.

Cutting the kittens was very time consuming but I cheated a little, I stack cut 3 of them together and because it was a little fragile I used 2inch blue tape to hold the stack together and cover the front and then glued the pattern on. I enlarged the pattern so it would fit just nice into the 8 x 10 frame. I used ultra reverse number three blades on the kittens and must have used six at least.
    Attached Files

You did a great job on both of them.
    Linda

Comment

Love the kitties and the dog!

Your finishing and the frames are very attractive.

Comment

Very nice, good finish and I like the dog pic. Have been experimenting with a portrait of my own two dogs, made a start on the pattern for the dog, just need to do one for the *****.

Sunlion
        The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
          Reply to They’re back!
          by meflick
          We will have an air show again this year in Knoxville Sept. 10-11 and the Blue Angels are suppose to be here performing, They were here a few years back. We live close to the airport so they flew over are home practicing the few days before the show, and then the show it’s self. Quite a sight for...
          Yesterday, 05:17 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to They’re back!
          by Sandy Oaks
          Oh what a treat. Years ago we went to Air Shows in Oshkosh, WI. Greatest memory was the Concorde.
          Yesterday, 11:04 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to They’re back!
          by Rolf
          WOW. I love the air shows....
          Yesterday, 09:33 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to They’re back!
          by will8989
          Not quite. The idiots in Maryland are keeping the kids in school until June 21. A lot of schools don’t have a/c so they will send them home early. The blue angels are here every year for graduation. In September there is something at the inner harbor and the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds and another group...
          Yesterday, 12:52 AM
        • Jim McDonald
          Reply to They’re back!
          by Jim McDonald
          That's called end of the year serendipity!!
          05-25-2022, 04:11 PM
        Working...
        X