John W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John W

I did this from a pattern by Dave Hall. It's 8and1/2x11". Now I have to find or make a frame for it. I cut it from 1/8" BP.Should I put glass on it to keep out dust?
    Thanks for looking. Lance
    Attached Files

Great job Lance.
    Linda

Comment

Nice job. Id say yes glass, but the expensive non glare glass if possible.
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I'd use the glass for I did on my portraits.......nice job ..........MB
        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

It is amazing how many versions of that pattern I have seen. All of them maybe only one or two lines different.
          All my portraits are covered with glass. I don't want a careless duster to snag a part.
          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I make my own frames and never use glass to cover the portrait. I want the wood to be showcased in the frame and I think the glass detracts from the viewing of the work. Just one opinion of many

Nancy in AZ
            A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

To use glass or not that is the question. I think it is more of a personal preference. I use glass in all of my portraits as I think it gives the work a more finished look. But I have seen works by other individual that they do not use the glass. Try it both ways and see what you like better.
              Mike

Mike Fehring's Artistry in Wood
              http://www.mikefehring.com
              Mike Fehring's Free Patterns

Comment

None of my portraits are covered with glass. I use a ladies fine makeup brush and shop vac to dust. Mike has the right idea, try both. The non glare glass would be my choice if I did want glass. I do frame all my pictures. Very nice cutting of JW.
                Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Nicely done.
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                    Reply to Having a Betty week
                    by handibunny
                    Sorry to hear of your refrigerator troubles, but glad that Jane is doing well. Hope her recovery continues in that direction. Please send her our regards!
                    Today, 03:11 PM
                  • Bill Wilson
                    Reply to And now for the questions
                    by Bill Wilson
                    Improvisation is certainly acceptable, but some patterns are less forgiving than others. As someone else already said, learn to follow the lines as closely as possible. If you wander from the pattern lines, it is usually best if it is intentional. It takes some time and practice, so don't get too...
                    Today, 01:00 PM
                  • markdavd
                    Reply to And now for the questions
                    by markdavd
                    The lines matter if you are making a multi-layer project if you need things to line up, otherwise it's artist's interpretation.
                    Today, 11:24 AM
                  • RJweb
                    Reply to Having a Betty week
                    by RJweb
                    Good luck for your wife and hope she is feeling better, that sucks on the refrigerator, RJ...
                    Today, 11:03 AM
                  • RJweb
                    Reply to How to start the day
                    by RJweb
                    Good to hear, supporting the local business, we had our roof replaced back in September they had 11 (9 guys 2 girls ). Down here they only do 1 layer, so they removed old and replace any bad roof plywood, they did a great job, RJ...
                    Today, 10:58 AM
                  Working...
                  X