2 new names; one from purple heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new names; one from purple heart

Sorry I can't post anything more exciting but this is what I've been working on. My name is cut from a 1 inch thick piece of purple heart. I used 2 no. 5 platinum blades and took about 40 minutes...30 minutes just doing the inside cuts. This is some hard stuff!
    My dad's name is cut from 3/4 inch stained plywood, then sanded, to make it look antique. I'm not sure if I succeeded but I'm pleased with it. I think he will be, too. I'm taking it to him tonight when I take his supper out (brown-sugared ham)
    Thanks for looking.

Bubba
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Nice job on the "y" - I always find tails a problem.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Nicely done.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very good work.

Bob
        Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evilbadger
          Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
          by evilbadger
          Yes I'm still using the one I built I did some upgrades to it though. I swapped out the pipes for linear motion rails and made the gantry out of aluminum. I guess if I were to upgrade now I would be looking for a full size machine that could do 4x8 sheets of plywood with an automatic tool changer but...
          Today, 09:28 PM
        • vgraf
          Reply to Old Tool - Reborn
          by vgraf
          Looks great!
          Today, 08:15 PM
        • tgiro01
          Old Tool - Reborn
          by tgiro01
          With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
          Today, 03:24 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
          by Rolf
          I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
          Today, 10:23 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
          by Rolf
          Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
          Today, 10:19 AM
        Working...
        X