more names and ornaments...results from today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more names and ornaments...results from today

I just finished these today. The ornaments are cut from 1/4 inch utility panel and MDF. The names are yellow and white pine, about 2 1/2 inches high, done in my own hand writing. I have all sorts of fonts on my computer but I have about 40 names to cut for Christmas and it is much faster, and cheaper, to use a good ol' pencil. Besides, it is so relaxing to sit around in the evening listening to Southern Gospel music and take my time writing out all the names I want to do, then take them to the shop the next time I get a chance to do some cutting.
    Besides names I want to do a few puzzles. Has anyone used MDF for puzzles? I asked Carter but he wasn't familiar with it. If MDF isn't good for puzzles, I bought a 5X5 piece of 1/4 inch solid core baltic birch plywood from a local distributor. Just wondering about MDF because it is cheaper.
    Thanks for looking. All comments and suggestions welcome, as always.

Bubba
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Great looking ornaments Bubba.
    Linda

Comment

Thanks, Linda. I'm about done with ornaments for this year. Time to move on.

Bubba
      "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Very nice ornaments!
        Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Nice job on all your work,thanks for sharing the pictures.
          Ron

Comment

Bubba I have found that mdf breaks easily at the tabs for puzzles. Some folks say it is great so I guess give it a go and let us know what you find. I prefer plys or poplar for my puzzles.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X