Christmas Ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Ornaments

I just finished these yesterday. I made about 75 of them, all solid wood Oak and Walnut.
    I'll give them to friends and family.

Bob

The picture I started out with sure looked better than it did when I got it in here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Greenfield_Bob; 09-27-2006, 12:58 PM.
    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Wow, Bob -- That's really a heap of ornaments!!
    Even just piled up there, I can see that you did a lot of different patterns. 1/4"??
    Stack cut?? (If so, how many in a stack?)
    You have a bunch of lucky friends and relatives.
    And it's only September!
    I am impressed.
    Sandy

Comment

Nice work!

That's about the quantity I make every year, but I never get started until after Thanksgiving, then I'm scrambling for the next 3 weeks trying to get them done. How long do you estimate it took you? What kind of finish do you put on them?
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Wow!

I'm impressed.

That's a lot of ornaments, and pretty ones at that.

Nice job Bob, bragging material for sure

Regards,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Hi Bob,
          That sure is a lot of fine cutting there. I would also like to know how you finish them. Do you just use a top coat? I made a bunch in Red Oak, and I just finished them with a top coat, my hubby wasn't happy with them, he thought they were too boring and should be painted. Do you find that the natural look is well received? We're gonna sell ours in a craft sale, so I'd be interested to know if you think the natural ones will sell.
          Thanks
          Marsha
          LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

WoW! Congratulations on getting yours done, and so early too!

I see lots of smiles in that pile!
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Most of the time I don't stack cut them, I have plenty ot time. They are 1/4" to 3/16".
              I finish them with boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits, then spray clear finish.
              I need some new patterns, some of them I have had for a few years.

Bob
              Delta P-20 & Q-3

Comment

Looks great!!! I still love cutting that cardinal one with Merry Christmas on it. Looks great! Dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Great job and impressive pile! A few of those patterns have been cut on my saw as well........

Just out of curiousity - have you tried 1/8" thick wood?
                  ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Christmas Ornaments

Holy Cow Bob!! That is one impressive stack of ornaments. It would take me about 3 years to make those. Nice work! Roadhog
                    George

Comment

Wow Bob, that's an impressive stack of ornaments. They look great.
                      Kevin
                      Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                      Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Those look great. I'm still working on Halloween decorations.

Better get myself moving.
                        Kelly
                        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAA now thats alot or scroll work. good going. Evie ( darn and I have'nt done one yet)

Comment

Thanks everybody for the nice comments.
                            I like cutting ornaments more than anything else, you can get a few done real fast. Everybody likes to get them, they should they are free, but I like giving them to friends.
                            I hope some new good patterns come out before Christmas.

Bob
                            Delta P-20 & Q-3

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                              by will8989
                              This market is run a little different than most. All monies collected go back into the market. Each month they put on a different event to draw in people. The budget is usually $600 in the busy months. The pavilion is well maintained with sides that pull down in the colder months. The only time Sunday...
                              Today, 01:41 AM
                            • cwmagee
                              Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                              by cwmagee
                              A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                              Yesterday, 07:28 PM
                            • Rolf
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by Rolf
                              Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                              That is...
                              Yesterday, 08:15 AM
                            • Jimern
                              by Jimern
                              The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                              Yesterday, 06:29 AM
                            • will8989
                              by will8989
                              The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                              10-20-2020, 11:10 PM
                            Working...
                            X