1800's Victorian Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1800's Victorian Mirror

This is a replica of an 1800's style Victorian Mirror/Planter that I made for the 2011 Long Island NY Woodworkers Show. It took me 2 full months to make. It's made from Walnut, Cherry, Padauk and Yellowheart. It's about 37" high by 31" wide. I used 1/4 inch bronze mirror. A beautiful project and looks incredible hanging in my livingroom. I hope you all enjoy.
    Attached Files

Outstanding!

I'm a big fan of Victorian style fretwork. Where is the pattern from?
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

That is just "beautiful"!

Comment

What a wonderful looking piece, you can see all the hard work that went into it. Thank you for sharing this one with us.
        jim
        penquin

Comment

Frank,
          Thanks for posting the picture I was going to ask your pemission to post the one I took.
          I saw this piece at our show this weekend. I have only one word "awesome". The mirrors are smokey which really adds to the vintage effect. Where did you get them? And what is even more impressive is that he has only been scrolling for a couple of years.
          Also missing is the ribbon it won. He placed a very close second which would have been first place winner in scrollwork except for a huge clock done by one of our other members. The clock kicked all our butts. I will post a picture when I get home in the events section.
          Last edited by Rolf; 11-14-2011, 12:25 PM.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Fantastic piece frank,
            you must be realy proud.
            not doing much
            and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. And thanks again Rolf. We had a very nice show this year. The mirrors are "bronze mirror." I got them from a glass place in Bayshore. I liked the look of them and thought it would go well with an antique looking piece. I thought regular mirror would cheapen the look.

Comment

That is gorgeous. You did an excellent job.

Comment

Thanks wsmith. Ohh and Bill the pattern is from this site: Scroll saw patterns - fretwork

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X