Wildlife Ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildlife Ornaments

Just finished these up. Cut out of 3/32 ply with FD #1 spirals (flat-end), 1 coat Duraseal Neutral, 2 coats Deft. These were stack cut 4 deep. Fairly quick and not complicated. Broke in new Dewalt twin on these. Worked great! Cut 9 of the 12 patterns. Know I will be doing more.

Tim
    Attached Files
    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Nice one, Tim .

I've got those patterns printed out and awaiting my attention once I've finished the compound cut decorations. Seeing your work has just re-invigorated me .

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Wow Tim,

I really like those!

Could you point me in the direction of where to obtain the patterns please?

Regards

Gary
      Gary

My saw - Axminster AWSF18

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy Turner
        Could you point me in the direction of where to obtain the patterns please?
        And Tim was being so discrete in not mentioning the source of the patterns . Methinks 'tis time for some private correspondence on these details .

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Tim Nice job, I've cut them out last week too. Once you get a goingyou can't stop and the fit nicely together.

Gary look on the news stand and you will see them, can't say more out of respect for this forum.

Eric

Comment

Those are neat!

Nice job Tim, I'm sure someone will be pleased to have them.

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Tim, I have those patterns and wasn't going to cut them out but after seeing yours I think I will.
              You did a nice job of them. Thanks for posting the picture.

Bob
              Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Tim those look great! I too had passed on giving those a try, but now after seeing yours, I'm moving them up on my to do list.
                Congratulations on the twin by the way! Twice the fun and sawdust!
                Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
                  And Tim was being so discrete in not mentioning the source of the patterns . Methinks 'tis time for some private correspondence on these details .

Gill
                  Ooops - sorry guys and gals - didn't mean to put my big foot in it!

Sincere apologies for any awkwardness caused!

Please excuse me - I am still a around here!

Regards

Gary
                  Gary

My saw - Axminster AWSF18

Comment

Gary,

No need for apologies, I was wondering the same thing myself.

We are allowed to say "the other magazine" or "the competitor", we just ask not to name them by name.

I think Gill just was being humorous in her response.

Regards,
                    Marcel
                    http://marleb.com
                    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I just prefer the name "The Dark Side". and that is meant in fun.
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Those look terrific Tim. I've got them in my stack of to-be-cuts just haven't gotten to them yet.
                        Kevin
                        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Well done! Really nice looking ornaments, keep the pics coming.
                          ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

i realize this post was made a few years back, but, i'm interested in where to find the patterns for these ornaments? please

Comment

Originally posted by tagordy View Post
                              i realize this post was made a few years back, but, i'm interested in where to find the patterns for these ornaments? please
                              You can find the ornaments in the Holiday 2006 issue of Creative Woodworks and Crafts or at Scroller Ltd. - Scroller-Dimensional Wildlife Ornaments
                              Sue
                              http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/shadylady0447/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X