New Portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Portrait

Made this portrait pattern, tell me what you think of it good or bad. Just got the bug to do some family portraits, they will last for years to come. Thanks as always. Smitty
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smitty0312; 10-27-2011, 12:16 PM.
    Dan

My Gallery

Looking forward to seeing the final cutting. Nice fish too!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Great pattern. Looking forward to the cutting
      May the wind at you back .....
      Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

tell me what you think of it good or bad.
        I think its good'ish ..lol

Two points...
        1. you have been very kind to the subject and given them a 90lb instant weight loss, 50lb is artistic licence.. but 90 must be bribery.
        2. The beard is going to be the hardest part to cut as it is, so I'd of done that differently.

Comment

If it were me in the photo I'd sure like it if you made the fish bigger, maybe give it some fangs too. AND, I'd buy you something nice for the weight loss.
          Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
          Desert Woodcrafters
          Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenD View Post
            If it were me in the photo I'd sure like it if you made the fish bigger, maybe give it some fangs too. AND, I'd buy you something nice for the weight loss.
            Unfortuantly I have not lost weight, but for some reason I look skinny'r in the pattern, don't know why? Thanks for all the comments guys! Smitty
            Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Looking forward to the final picture Smitty .........good luck ......
              Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

just my opinion,
                but i think the subject holding the fish looks a bit thin ,in the pattern,
                also,i would try and put some more detail,in on the lower part of the shirt,looks a bit emty,
                just my opinion,
                not doing much
                and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

The comments are right on about the weight loss. I kept switching back and forth between the two photos. I think there is a just barely visible line on the right hand side of the face that should go in. The eye brows are missing and the left ear is not well defined. I think that right hand 'straight line' that defines the right hand side of the face is what gives it the 'thinner' look and I think I would try to move that 'out' (to the right) a little bit and make it just a bit 'curvy.' Same thing with the right arm - there is a line marking the muscle in the arm but it is missing in the pic. I'd put that in. It will help define the arm a little bit more.

Did you use a program that makes portraits or did you us a picture / drawing program. I'd suggest you download Artweaver ( http://artweaver.en.softonic.com/ ) if you used a portrait making program. I have not fully explored Artweaver yet but it's free and it looks to be a relatively easy program to do a little manipulation of your black and white.

I'll look forward to the final product.
                  John
                  I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                  About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                  "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Originally posted by Powakee View Post
                    The comments are right on about the weight loss. I kept switching back and forth between the two photos. I think there is a just barely visible line on the right hand side of the face that should go in. The eye brows are missing and the left ear is not well defined. I think that right hand 'straight line' that defines the right hand side of the face is what gives it the 'thinner' look and I think I would try to move that 'out' (to the right) a little bit and make it just a bit 'curvy.' Same thing with the right arm - there is a line marking the muscle in the arm but it is missing in the pic. I'd put that in. It will help define the arm a little bit more.

Did you use a program that makes portraits or did you us a picture / drawing program. I'd suggest you download Artweaver ( Artweaver - Download ) if you used a portrait making program. I have not fully explored Artweaver yet but it's free and it looks to be a relatively easy program to do a little manipulation of your black and white.

I'll look forward to the final product.
                    John
                    The critics(positive) have spoken! Here is the results, I fattened myself up LOL. Pawakee, I use gimp for all my portraits. Tell me what you think now. Thanks as always! Smitty
                    Attached Files
                    Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Dan, I hope you don't take offense at this post but being a new and learning pattern maker, the apparent weight loss bothered me so I went ahead and made the attached image. Although it isn't yet a completed workable pattern it could be made into one with a little cleaning up and tweaking and it doesn't reflect the apparent weight loss.
                      Perhaps when you did yours, you inadvertantly stretched the image in Gimp or Inkscape, whichever you used.
                      Just my two cents for what it is worth.
                      Nice fish by the way!!
                      Don R
                      Attached Files
                      http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
                      http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
                      Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Bruce, the one on probation
                        by will8989
                        is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                        Today, 12:59 AM
                      • will8989
                        Sundays market
                        by will8989
                        When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                        Today, 12:46 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                        by will8989
                        I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                        Today, 12:27 AM
                      • jim_mex
                        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                        by jim_mex
                        Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                        Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                      • KarlB
                        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                        by KarlB
                        Very well done!

Karl
                        Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                      Working...
                      X