Ornaments for Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ornaments for Shows

Here's one of the things that's been keeping me busy. Every time I make 10 or 12 of them, I sell out at a show. So I decided to make at least 30, but I have enough blanks ready to have 60 by my next show. Both runners on all the sleds have the year on them. The tree, candle, and reindeer patterns are from Sheila Landry. The snowman is one I made from clipart.
    Attached Files
    Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Those are awesome Dan. I love the year on the runners.
    Linda

Comment

These are wonderful! Is the basic pattern for the sled in a magazine? I love the date on them.
      DeWalt 788

Comment

Nice cuttings - I too like the year on the runners. To echo Sally, where did you find the pattern?
        Bob
        ichibob
        aka - Bob, USAF Ret.
        www.grandpaswoodshed.com

Comment

They sell well for me also. My favorite is the tree.
          Putting the year in the runner is a nice idea although I don't date my ornaments anymore.
          The originals were in one of the magazines.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I know there is an index of the articles in the magazines - but I don't know where it is. Help??
            DeWalt 788

Comment

Sally look on the left side on this page under Subscribe Today for the print article index you are looking for, that being said the sled patterns are in the other magazine Creative Woodworks and Crafts November 2007 issue, photo on mag is 2 raccoons in a tree. Sled patterns by Shiela Landry, so if you don't have the mag check her web site. http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/product/SLD140
              Last edited by Wood Dog; 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM.
              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Great looking ornaments, love the way the date is on them.
                jim
                penquin

Comment

Thank everyone. And thanks WD for providing the info about where to get the patterns. Here's the pattern I use for the runners.
                  Attached Files
                  Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Nice work Dan. Making 60 of them sure will keep you busy.
                    Dennis

Comment

Thank you WD for finding the original article - I'm sure I have it. I did find it on Sheila's site. Thanks also for pointing out the article index.
                      Thank you too Max for sharing the runners pattern. I love them. I hope I make some for little gifts.
                      DeWalt 788

Comment

Dan, looks great going to have to put them on my todo list for 2012. Lance

Comment

Thanks Dan and WD - I found the pattern and printed the rims. I've cut about 5 tops and am excited. Just have to decided which top scrollings I like best. The tree is right up there. Was the snowman in the article? I didn't think it was. What to share it? The reindeer is cute too. I'll be making them for little gifts - I don't sell - too much pressure. (smile)
                          DeWalt 788

Comment

Great ornaments
                            aubec

Comment

Really look great, Dan! Thank you for the runner pattern!

Paul
                              www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
                                Reply to Pattern Vault
                                by dottyblues
                                Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
                                I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
                                In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
                                I also added the...
                                Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Supermax
                                by will8989
                                Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Help help
                                by will8989
                                Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
                                Yesterday, 10:11 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Pattern Vault
                                by KarlB
                                Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
                                Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                              Working...
                              X