Wildlife-portraits in wood pattern book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildlife-portraits in wood pattern book

Does anyone have the pattern book " Wildlife-Portraits in wood " ? It is by Mr. Dearing. I have many of his patterns and am very happy with them.,but I dont understand this book of patterns. The cuts are so close it would be impossible to cut them as is. I increased the size and the cuts are just too close. I'm not knocking the book, I'm just looking for ideas of what to do to use it. I want to do the bear and the wolf but their is know way to do them as drawn. I guess I could eliminate some of the cuts but I dont like to do that. If you own the book-what did you do ? Tks, Ray

Hi Ray.. I have the book and found the same problem you have. In a few places I have left out a line or where 2 lines come very close I may not take the cut the full distance. Other times I may cut inside the line where the 2 lines are very close. This is my version of the elephant from that book
    Attached Files

Comment

Kiwi, I think you posted the elephant before and I used it as a guide to cut it. But it's the only pattern I''ve been able to cut. I just dont understand why he would put patterns out like this. He is so talented, but I dont get this book. Thanks for sharing and if you do the bear or wolf I would like to see that. Tks, Ray

Comment

Contact Charles on facebook and ask him There must be an explanation he does some great patterns.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504669855
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You're right about that Mike. I have done many of his Native American patterns and I think he is one of the best artists we have for scroll saw patterns. I'm just puzzled about this book though. Please know I dont mean in any way to disrespect Mr. Dearing, just wish I could cut more of the patterns in the book. Ray

Comment

I few years ago Charlie made a pattern. A very difficult pattern so I challenged him that he just made the pattern and it could not be cut. Within two days he send me an e-mail with a picture of him holding the cutout pattern. It was not a fake, you could see his shirt thru the fretwork. And it was the same pattern to the inch. However one secret with Charlies patterns,
            MAKE THEM BIG!!!!. That is the only way some of them can be cut.. I have done a few....
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
              Today, 12:59 AM
            • will8989
              Sundays market
              by will8989
              When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
              Today, 12:46 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by will8989
              I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
              Today, 12:27 AM
            • jim_mex
              Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
              by jim_mex
              Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
              Yesterday, 08:47 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
              by KarlB
              Very well done!

Karl
              Yesterday, 07:36 PM
            Working...
            X