Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what inspired me

to get back into my woodworking.
    I don't have the scroll saw yet, but plan on getting one soon, as soon as I get a couple of other problems out of the way.

I bought this fretwork plaque at a craft fair a couple weeks ago. I paid $30.00 for it but I know that man put in alot of time on it. $30.00 to me was a steal.
    Attached Files

Pretty good inspiration. Nicely done.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Yes, that was a steal.. I sure hope my son-in-law did not sell the one I made like that for him at that price.
      The other John A. Nelson
      johnsworkshop.com
      sigpic
      I just follow the lines and make sawdust
      on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

That is an absolutely beautiful plaque!
        Thaks for showing us your steal and God Bless!
        Spirithorse

Comment

Originally posted by Spirithorse View Post
          That is an absolutely beautiful plaque!
          Thaks for showing us your steal and God Bless!
          Spirithorse
          You're welcome and thank you all for the compliments...it's not my work but I did want to show it off. He did a beautiful job.
          I hope to do something similar one day soon.

Comment

Beauty message turned into a beauty piece of art. Catlyn once you start scrolling, work into it slowly. Don't make a piece like that your first attempt or it might be your last. You have to crawl before you walk and run.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
              Beauty message turned into a beauty piece of art. Catlyn once you start scrolling, work into it slowly. Don't make a piece like that your first attempt or it might be your last. You have to crawl before you walk and run.
              I will!
              I have done some scrolling a long while back.....but that cheap scroll saw didn't last long and I never got another one.
              But now I'm just itching to get back into it.
              I will take it slow though to start. I have a few patterns picked out that I know would not be very difficult.

Comment

Another tip for you and any other new scrollers or scrollers that want to brush up their skills: Sheila Landry has an excellent scrolling tutorial on Lumberjocks.com with videos.

Comment

It is a nice piece. Where in Arkansas was the craft fair?

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                    It is a nice piece. Where in Arkansas was the craft fair?
                    Hot Springs Crafts Fair.....
                    But I think I remember the guy selling those pieces was from Pine Bluff.
                    It was a big crafts fair and it is juried. None of this stuff coming in from China and Mexico.....EXCEPT one guy had this metal yard art........and it was out of Old Mexico. The guy said his son designs it, orders it from Old Mexico and goes down there and picks it up.
                    I make no apologies about it....I don't like this stuff coming in from another country. And I won't buy it.
                    If I'm going to spend money I'm going to support crafters from the USA.

Comment

Catlyn,
                      Most scroller would stack cut some like that. Maby 5 or 6 pieces of 1/16" Baltach Birch. That is how he makes money.
                      FD Mike
                      SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to Sundays market
                        by will8989
                        We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                        Today, 08:56 PM
                      • Jim McDonald
                        Reply to Interesting pallet
                        by Jim McDonald
                        I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                        But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                        Today, 08:17 PM
                      • Quartz43
                        Reply to New tools
                        by Quartz43
                        I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                        Today, 03:40 PM
                      • hotshot
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by hotshot
                        You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                        Today, 02:27 PM
                      • RJweb
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by RJweb
                        I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                        Today, 01:31 PM
                      Working...
                      X