Autumn Basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Basket

This is the Autumn Basket designed by Sue Mey in the Fall 2010, Issue 40 of the magazine. I made for my wife and she wanted it to use all during Fall so she wanted just leafs and pumpkins. I stack cut 3 of each using 1/4 inch BBP and a Flying Dutchman #3 Polar blade. I finished it with Minwax Colonial Maple and sprayed on Triple Thick lacquer. This was a fast and fun project.

-Bill
    Attached Files
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Great job Bill.
    Linda

Comment

Nicely done Bill
      Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Comment

Very nice Bill

Bob
        Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Very nice Bill!! OK...what's triple thick lacquer? Is it how you applied it, or a special type of lacquer?
          ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Originally posted by lkbraa View Post
            Very nice Bill!! OK...what's triple thick lacquer? Is it how you applied it, or a special type of lacquer?
            Kim-

Triple thick is a spary on product by Krylon, you can buy it at Wal-Mart. Go here to check it out. It's really good stuff.

-Bill
            -Bill

Comment

That is a lovely project. Nicely done!
              DeWalt 788

Comment

Thanx Bill! I guess I need to wear my cheaters more often as I never noticed the 'triple thick' before - lol! I used to use it years ago...I think the lack of availability made me switch...perhaps I need to check and see if they are stocking it more these days.

Thanx again!
                ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Thanks for all the good comments. This was a fun project and if you are looking for a fast fall project this is the one for you.

-Bill
                  -Bill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                    Farmers market "survey"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                    I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                    For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                    Today, 11:14 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                    Today, 11:00 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                    Today, 09:57 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Rolf
                    So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                    I like the fact...
                    Today, 08:34 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                    Today, 08:17 AM
                  Working...
                  X