Face of Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face of Wisdom

I like doing the portraits of Native Americans, came across this one from Spittin' image woodworking and thought it was a bit different. Being I like different, I gave it a shot. Cut on 3/8' cedar live edge board with a couple coats of spray on water based poly. Sorry Im not a great photographer
    Cedarguy
    Attached Files

Awesome, and kudos for giving the designer credit!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Beautiful job.
      Linda

Comment

Very impressive.
        DeWalt 788

Comment

looks great,love the wood choice
          not doing much
          and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

I like the pattern and the choice of wood you used. Good job.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to My covid angel
                by Rolf
                Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
                Today, 09:02 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by Rolf
                The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
                Today, 08:49 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to My covid angel
                by NC Scroller
                I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
                Today, 07:27 AM
              • Quartz43
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by Quartz43
                I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
                Today, 05:42 AM
              • GladeFade
                Reply to My covid angel
                by GladeFade
                First off how thick is the board you cut?
                When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
                that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
                for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
                Yesterday, 11:05 PM
              Working...
              X