Got Wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Wood?

Someone said that they like pictures of projects so here is my 3rd project that I have finished. I wish I had started this hobby years ago. But a thing called work would have gotten in the way. The pattern was in the March 2010 CWC mag. The pattern is by Bob Valle. I made it out of oak with a stained backer board. Any and all pointers would be helpfull. Thanks
    Attached Files

I like how it turned out and the grain of the wood really adds to the rustic look. My only suggestion is to practice using a smaller entry hole and hiding your entry holes for your veining...
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very cute Trackman.
      DeWalt 788

Comment

I see what you mean about the entry holes. The pattern showed a "tear drop" hole going down to a veining line. This shows up on the picture as a bigger hole than what looks like you would need. Not being thin skined but just telling why the holes are the size they are. I realy do like help to make things better!

Comment

I think the holes look fine. Some patterns are made this way to camoflage entry holes, making them part of the cutting pattern. Sometimes I think even tiny entry holes look like............entry holes...........and nothing hides them. These holes really don't look that bad. Maybe part of the wood pattern.

Comment

Turned out nice, well done
            Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Comment

Pictures are always nice to see. Nice work.

Comment

You did a very nice job, looks like you have cut more than three prjects way to go.
                Dennis

Comment

I love it! It looks very rustic and in it's element! Great cutting. Don
                  Don

Comment

I like that track man. Actually quite a few things could be done with that. Thank you for showing that to us.
                    How much wood could a Woodchuck, chuck if a Woodchuck could chuck wood?
                    May the wind at you back .....
                    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Looks good. What are you going to do with it. Hang it in your shop, on the wall inside, a gift or for sale?

Comment

very cute, I have that pattern as well, but have not gotten to it yet, as I too have that work problem that always gets in the way. so just weekends in the shop for me.

Bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X