Mantle Clock Made before Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantle Clock Made before Christmas

I made this clock for an individual at work before Christmas. I drew out a picture of it without dimensions, drawing from different styles of mantle clocks Unfortunately the individual was laid off before she could pay for it. I could not be mad becuase of the situation, but I am thinking in the future, I am going to at least collect half up front on commissions.

Any way, I finally got some almost reasonalbe pictures of it to show to all my friends here. It is made from Poplar with Red Oak spindles and stained with MinWax Red Oak stain.
    There are some things I would change if I made another one of these praticularly the grain direction of the top and base, but at the time, I thought the end grain made an interesting contrast to the rather plain grain on the face area of the Clock back.

Constructive critisisms always welcome. Comments a pleasure.

Dragyn

p.s.- the woman who did order it, did have a chance to see it and really was sorry she couldn't buy it. :-?
    Attached Files
    Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

Dragyn
    That is one nice clock, thanks for sharing the photo's
    Ron

Comment

Beautiful clock Dragyn........too bad she wasn't able to follow through with the order. You did a great job on it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
      Christina
      May all your days be filled with sunshine, happiness, laughter and much love.

Comment

Hi Dragyn - The grain pattern looks good. Yeah you could have the grain going the other way, but then it would look like every other clock. Nice job.
        -- Rick --

Comment

Dragyn what a nice clock, you got some great ideas for designing. Thanks for sharing. Hope the woman gets a job too.
          Sylvia
          Support Our Troops

Comment

Good looking clock dragyn, You did a nice job. When things improve for your customer, I'm sure she'll be back.
            Rose

Comment

That is very well done Dragyn. Great idea combining ideas from other clocks to make it your own.
              Merle
              Merle
              SSG US Army Retired.
              [email protected]
              http://www.etsy.com/your/listings

Comment

Niece clock Dragyn , I'm a clock nut and this one is fine ...........Marshall
                Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

That's a great clock, sorry to hear about your lost sale, but a real bummer for her being laid off. I hope she'll have a new job very soon and be able to come back to you and get her clock...

Tom
                  Hawk G4
                  http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00/ppuser/4243

Comment

Beautiful piece of work. I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it to someone else.
                    Mike C.

Comment

I agree with everyone comments, this clock is absolutely gorgeous! It should sell in no time! Don't worry. Great work Dragyn.
                      Henriette

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be"
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      HCorbeil Wood Mosaics web page

Comment

Nice work on the clock Dragyn. I don't see any problem with the grain.
                        Terry

http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/12859

The Hurrier I go, the Behinder I get!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X