Wolves projects are always popular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolves projects are always popular

New wolf pattern, I plan to make several such patterns (silhuette of animal with scene inside). I made two variants: silhuette and framed, as an example added colored variant. Which one do you like more? And one more question: If you need black color how do you get it? Paint, stain or something else?
    Pattern at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

01.jpg
    07.jpg ‚Äč
    Alex Fox Patterns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Very nicely designed (as always for you).
    The top two are more eye catching due to the color contrasts.
    When I'm using baltic birch or similar woods for the layered projects like this, if I do black, I'll prefer using diluted acrylic black paint to wash/stain the wood black. 2nd choice would be ebony stain, but takes far longer to adequately dry for glue ups.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
      Very nicely designed (as always for you).
      The top two are more eye catching due to the color contrasts.
      When I'm using baltic birch or similar woods for the layered projects like this, if I do black, I'll prefer using diluted acrylic black paint to wash/stain the wood black. 2nd choice would be ebony stain, but takes far longer to adequately dry for glue ups.
      I typically let my stained pieces dry 24 hours before glue up. Before I glue I wipe gently with a dry paper towel to remove any excess.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
        Reply to Alex Fox Basket C12
        by NC Scroller
        Nice work. I truly admire all the projects that you share and I truly envy the fact that you finish what you start. What is your secret?
        Today, 07:35 AM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Alex Fox Basket C12
        by Sandy Oaks
        Betty, I enlarged the pattern by 30% to fit on 10" square stock....
        Yesterday, 02:20 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Boys at sawmill were busy.
        by will8989
        Thanks, Kim. I'll show that to my husband but since he has 2 surgeries coming up I doubt that will be on his to do list. The place we buy wood from air dries the wood for a year, than finishes with kiln drying....
        Yesterday, 01:58 PM
      • will8989
        Rikon Air Cleaner
        by will8989
        Received email from Woodcraft, the Rikon1/4 HP 3 speed air filter, reg $329.99 is on sale for $199.99. Remote controls, timer, 5 year warranty, etc.. Called store, have them on backorder but one is mine as I paid for it today. Will call me when it comes in. Warranty sold me. It is in their sale circular...
        Yesterday, 01:54 PM
      • Kim Stone
        Reply to Boys at sawmill were busy.
        by Kim Stone
        will8989, We made a drying kiln out of a plan we saw on youtube. We took a 6-Tier Commercial Grade Heavy Duty Steel Wire Shelving Unit that we got at lowes, wrapped it in 1 inch foam insulation board and put two heat bulbs in the bottom, we have holes at the top and bottom to let the moisture out. We...
        Yesterday, 01:49 PM
      Working...
      X