Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    I have done them in strips for a while. Thanks for the reminder Carole, I need to make some more of those ribbon boxes.

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    The strip method is the way to go for small compound cut objects. Betty's photo reminded me of my first published project in SSWC, in 2007, which was a bow box, and pulled up the strip of hand-drawn patterns I submitted for making the bow loops. It really makes the process go quickly.

final loop pattern sheet.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Don in Brooklin On
    replied
    I must try doing in strips. I have always done 2 at a time with small clamps to hold the birdies.

Also, when I do mine I always fill the hole with moss. I used to use dryer lint or cedar leaves but I got a bag of moss from dollar store and it will last a lifetime.

IMG_8282 (600 x 400).jpg IMG_8270 (574 x 600).jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Well I guess I need to learn something new, rather than one little birdie at a time!

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    That’s what I was trying to say Scott! I just use a longer stick. I don’t drill pilot holes. I drill hole for the perch, start on the left side, put a piece of tape along bottom to hold in place after cutting, cut other side and done. No extra drilling necessary. Bruce usually give me long strips and I do about 8 at a time. Clamps aren’t necessary with the long strips. Sorry if this is confusing, heading for more coffee!

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post

Only problem was holding the little buggers.
    Denny I guess I have made a couple hundred of these over the years. When I was on a roll I copied the bird pattern such that I had a strip of 4 end to end. I positioned such that I had room to drill pilot holes for each. Then I put them in my clamp and cut the four out on one profile and then flipped the block in the clamp and cut the other profile.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Got the blades yesterday. Thank you. When I cut the birds I glue a row of them on to a 3/4” x 3/4” stick, however long Bruce cuts it for me. That way I have a “handle” of sorts to hold the birds. I cut one side, scotch tape, cut other side. Done in 3 minutes. Cut the waste off and repeat. I make a copy of the sheet and run through xyron. Here is the sheet I made. Clear as mud?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
    Nice. Doing compound cuts in purple heart? Denny you really like a challenge.
    Only problem was holding the little buggers.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Nice. Doing compound cuts in purple heart? Denny you really like a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    started a topic Four more Miniature Birdhouse Oenaments

Four more Miniature Birdhouse Oenaments

Three Miniature Birdhouse Ornaments finished. The patterns by Diana Thompson. The birdhouses are Ash, and the first 3 little birds are Purpleheart and the fourth one is Eastern Red Cedar. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using Pegas #6 Skip blades. The finish is dipped in diluted Shellac. Comments welcome.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X