Soda Can Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soda Can Covers

I don't usually cross post but I know there are a number of turners here that do both.

At our club a couple of wood turners started to turn Soda Can Covers. They are to protect getting in bugs and wasps when outdoors or woodchips in the workshop. They started out fairly plain but they got fancier and fancier. (see the Pepsi Below) One was even in the shape of a bowler hat and one as a poop emoji. Works for beer cans too. A couple who sell at craft shows use these to attract customers and the small cost ends up paying for the table. Easy to make.
    ChrisLapine-DuststopCover11232015.jpg

Then the scroller (me) has to get involved and take it to the next level. Only a scroller can to with personalized covers.

Made from Maple with a died birch veneer as a backer and baked FIMO clay for the initials.
    IMG_8646.jpg IMG_8648.jpg

Attached Files
    Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

What a neat idea! I will need to investigate the FIMO clay.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Oh my gosh....that beats the plastic coaster I flip upside down and put on top of my cans. The lip on coasters sometimes isn't enough and they slip off if you don't seat them just right. Love it!
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Bruce loved it! He’s going to make some for when we go to the market next time and have one sitting on the table on top of a can as a display. He’s making one to keep the sawdust out of his cup. What a great idea!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That is sure a great idea.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That’s brilliant! Could do the same for cup tops for those of us who don’t drink canned drinks. Sawdust is not a tasty water supplement!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcy View Post
              Sawdust is not a tasty water supplement!
              True, but think of the fiber!

Karl
              Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Nice idea but for those of us without a lathe could be a challenge. However the cover could be made quite simply on the scroll saw by cutting several rings of the right size and gluing them together with a top

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  Nice idea but for those of us without a lathe could be a challenge. However the cover could be made quite simply on the scroll saw by cutting several rings of the right size and gluing them together with a top
                  I did the two on the top only with my scroll saw. Much faster with lathe but you cannot add Initials or decorations.

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ralph123
                    Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                    by Ralph123
                    I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                    Today, 02:05 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                    by meflick
                    Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                    Today, 12:14 PM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    Triceratops Puzzle
                    by Sandy Oaks
                    A project finished Monday, July 4th. The pattern is by Judy & Dave Peterson and found in their book, Making Wooden Dinosaur Toys and Puzzles. I used 3/4" Poplar. It is approximately 5 1/2" x 11". Cut on the Pegas Scroll Saw using Pegas #3R MGT blades and Pegas #1 Spiral blades for...
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Today, 11:10 AM
                  • handibunny
                    by handibunny
                    Hugs to you, Betty, for your zany posts that always bring a smile, and to you, Scott, who are usually on the giving end of things. And to everyone else who makes this forum the special place that gives so much, and refuses to give up. 🤗
                    Today, 10:25 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    by NC Scroller
                    I need hug therapy. Between my wife then I having Covid we pretty much isolated the last month. No energy still. Have not even walked into the shop in weeks.
                    Today, 09:43 AM
                  Working...
                  X