1st Scroll Saw Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Scroll Saw Bowl

This is my first attempt at a scroll saw bowl. I used Carole Rothman’s excellent book and tried my hand at a Basic Bowl. I didn’t want to use “good” wood until I thought I had the basics down so I made this from a piece of scrap pine I had in the garage. The pattern of the grain really popped and made this bowl at least interesting if not attractive. Already working on my next bowl.
    bowl.jpg

Now that is one lovely bowl. Not only is the grain beautiful, but your finishing of the top edge is about as good as it gets! I’m glad you’re enjoying the bowl book, and look forward to seeing your next project.

Carole
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

That is beautiful!
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Mr Chips, I agree with Carole, you did a great job on that bowl! Especially for a first attempt.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

An amazing bowl. I agree the grain really make it pop. Now on to the next.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That's one of the really fun things about those bowls. The grain pattern and orientation make for some really interesting and unique effects. The surface of the wood can be very bland, but the end and edge grain will almost always bring something cool to the party.
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Wow! Awesome job.

Comment

Great Job. I invite you do go to scrollmania.com and try out the PolyDraw software. It allows you to design your own bowls. Ther are about seven tutorials to help learn Carol Rothman edited them for me so they under easy to understand!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• millwab
                  Reply to elementary questions
                  by millwab
                  Dan, your questions are a little tough to answer without knowing a little more about this puzzle you're cutting. That said, here are my thoughts:
                  • First of all, it would be helpful to know the overall size of this puzzle and how many pieces you're thinking of cutting it into. 1/2" BB is pretty
                  Today, 07:09 PM
                • dwssr2
                  elementary questions
                  by dwssr2
                  So I am making a puzzel for a co worker, not real intricagte, I am using 1/2 baltic birch, I almost always use fdur blades. My questions are what size blade sholuld I use, considering finish, and what size entry hole should I drill?
                  Next question is how to finish? When painting puzzles, different...
                  Today, 11:49 AM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  Thanks Linda. I got the email and sent you a reply. I hope I answered the questions....
                  Today, 11:33 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Hey Denny---I shot you an email with a few questions. I might just have to dip my toe into the world of Pegas blades vs FD. At least to try! Open minded explorations. Thank you ! Linda
                  Today, 10:29 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Having a Betty week
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Be careful---soon she will be able to outrun you! Remember when fridges lasted for decades?! Glad she's doing well.
                  Today, 10:12 AM
                Working...
                X