Needed a fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed a fix

I have been trying to purge my basement and shop of "stuff". I had enough yesterday and needed a sawdust fix. I cut the compound cut Water bird designed by Diana Thompson and test cut by my friend Joe Pascucci, a fellow club member. I followed his suggestion of using a harder wood, maple. I normally use a softer pine for the compound cuts. For added strength I saturated it with CA glue. Then just for fun I painted it like an Egret. It is 1-1/2 inches tall. Egrett painted.jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

For a sawdust fix you sure were productive!. I love what you did to the water bird.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

That looks great Rolf. What do you mean saturated with CA glue?
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Really like the water bird. Hope to get my magazine soon. St Louis appears to be at the end of the route for magazines.
        "Time to Give Back"

Comment

It’s a secret he’s been keeping from us.😂🤪
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Now if you were Local competition I would keep all sorts of ideas from you.. All kidding aside CA glue is a staple in my shop, not just for fixing stuff that I break but as preemptive strike against cracks when I do some bowl turning. The thin CA really penetrates into the wood (and fingers) I normally cut the compound stuff from soft pine, absolutely no strength, so I followed Joe's suggestion and used maple. I have always used Cherry for the reindeer for the same reason. The CA glue was an after thought so I gave it a shot.
            This cut with only the one leg still seemed a bit too delicate so I tried the CA, it seems to really help.

As I write this I am thinking that I have a bottle of wood hardener used for wood rot. I wonder how that would work.

PS Betty, with your track record you should probably double glove full body armor etc. or you will be walking around with a new bird appendage. LOL
            Last edited by Rolf; 01-18-2021, 09:05 AM.
            Rolf

Comment

I guess you have some egrets

Comment

Nice work on those Rolf.
                Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by DaveVanEss View Post
                  I guess you have some egrets
                  Our house is 3/4 of a mile from the bay, and then about 2 miles across the bay by boat to fire island and the ocean. About half of the bay is shallow with lots of shore birds etc. Google Belllport Village in maps. For us this place is a small slice of heaven.
                  Lots of Egrets and Great blue Herons, An recently we have had several families of Bald Eagles move into a local nature preserve.
                  Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X