Sue Mey Nativity my way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue Mey Nativity my way

Here are few pictures of some the tweaks I made to the Sue Mey nativity that GladeFade posted recently. The entire project is made from 3/4" poplar. The arch is 3/4" x 3/4" while the original design called for 3/8" by 1 1/2". Note I expanded the outer edge of the arch. The outer edge of the arch is rounded with a round over bit. I used cherry stain on the arch, base and backer for the pieces. To attach the star I drilled a small hole and then epoxied half a #4 brad nail into the back of the star leaving about 1/8" sticking out which I epoxied into a small hole I drilled in the arch.

As you can see if done correctly all the pieces fit in the arch. Shrink wrap did not work great. I will need to play a bit with that.

Comments welcome

nativity shrink wrapped.jpg Nativity arch.jpg
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

It can be a display piece as well as a puzzle! Very nice!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

excellent job Scott, RJ
      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Real nice job Scott. The staining looks great and I really like the way you changed the arch, the Nativity will be much easier to store if all the figures fit in the arc. Would you mind sharing the dimension you used for the extension???

Thanks for showing us your idea.

Rick
        Rick
        Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Very nice cutting! Great idea putting the pieces inside. For the arch I am thinking of 1 1/2 wide strips laminated to keep the original dimensions. Made my star from 1/4" BB ply.

Comment

That sure looks good, Scott.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Does anyone know if there is an internet problem with Sue's site?

Ann Marie ordered this pattern Thursday morning and the charge went through, she received an oder number, but the pattern was never delivered for download. Ann Marie has tried multiple times yesterday and today (Friday) to get in touch with some at the Sue May site, but there has been no communication from them. I have three of my regular customers wanting this pattern as christmas gifts for their childrens teachers. Thanks for any help.

Rick
              Rick

Comment

Rick....I was just on it and it seemed fine. Are you positive you went to her site and didn't get diverted to a look-alike? It's easy to do. https://www.scrollsawartist.com/

Comment

Scott, you just gave me the Christmas puzzle for kids. Will order it tomorrow.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Perhaps you should check your credit card for other charges Rick. I just signed with no problem.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I just went to her site,
                      Loged in
                      at the top went to my downloads tab and there I could see what I had ordered and re-download them again.

Comment

Originally posted by theframer View Post
                        Does anyone know if there is an internet problem with Sue's site?

Ann Marie ordered this pattern Thursday morning and the charge went through, she received an oder number, but the pattern was never delivered for download. Ann Marie has tried multiple times yesterday and today (Friday) to get in touch with some at the Sue May site, but there has been no communication from them. I have three of my regular customers wanting this pattern as christmas gifts for their childrens teachers. Thanks for any help.

Rick
                        Just remember Sue lives in South Africa. There is a seven hour time difference. Did you check your spam/junk mail folder?
                        Scott
                        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I usually get my stuff from Sue in what seems like minutes, usually within the hour.
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

IDIOT ALERT

Operator error strikes again. I can't even spell cummpuutor, how the hell am i suppose to use one.

Pattern received. APPOLOGIES to Sue May for thinking she could have done something wrong.

Again, thanks for your help.

Rick
                            Rick

Comment

So glad to hear you got your pattern and Sue Mey's world is apparently good too. Big fingers and small keyboards---or were you using someone's new keyboard that wouldn't use the letter "F"?!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X