Granddaughter’s Jewelry Boxs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granddaughter’s Jewelry Boxs

One with her name is plywood stained cherry with walnut overlay. This will be her play box, five years old. Steve Good pattern. Other one is quartersaw red oak an black walnut finished with Arm R Seal. Pattern from Woodsmith Plans.

Wow, those are spectacular! Nice work on the fret work.

Karl
    Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Beautiful. She’ll cherish it forever.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Beautiful box. Sure to be a family heirloom. Never hear about Arm R Seal as a finish. Can you fill us in?
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Scott I think it is by General Finishes, RJ
          Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Beautiful boxes RJ.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Great work.
              Sure to be a big hit.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

You can apply with form brush, normal brush. Or what I used a old T Shirt. It is the easiest finish I have used. Doesn’t run like others. I put first coat waited till next day and used 400 grit lightly sand. Then next coat dryed in 4 hours, sanded same an put on third coat. For larger surfaces it is my go to finish. The first coat goes on heavy. The other ones are lighter coats.

Comment

Originally posted by RJweb View Post
                  Scott I think it is by General Finishes, RJ
                  Duh..... To show you how my mind works or does not work I read it as Arm-R-All.
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
                    Reply to Planer and jointer opinions wanted
                    by Bill Wilson
                    Well, this topic can present a lot of opinions and options. First, if you are seriously considering helical cutting heads, would you take the next step and upgrade to a stationary, floor model planer? Perhaps even a used one. I don't know how much space you have and what your shop power options are,...
                    Today, 02:13 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Planer and jointer opinions wanted
                    by will8989
                    Our super max has been making a noise that sounds like paper caught but we can’t pinpoint anything. Cleaned what we could, Bruce used dry lubricant, which sounds like an oxymoron to me, and still makes the noise. Started quietly now is louder. Any suggestions before we call for warranty work? I’m...
                    Today, 01:57 PM
                  • Don in Brooklin On
                    Virtual Wood Show
                    by Don in Brooklin On
                    Due to Covid-19 all events in Ontario have been cancelled including the Wood Show in Toronto. It was a great event but this year it is going to go virtual.

They will have a number of seminars and the ability to tour vendor sites. Not sure how it all works. It will be FREE but you can pay...
                    Today, 12:56 PM
                  • cwmagee
                    Reply to Winter issue
                    by cwmagee
                    Got mine yesterday. Regarding Christmas Items I seem to recall a few years ago that they moved up the Holiday related items to the Fall Issue to give us more time to make.

It was great to see all of the variety of designs and contributors available...
                    Today, 12:09 PM
                  • Jim McDonald
                    Reply to Winter issue
                    by Jim McDonald
                    Got mine yesterday and I was a bit disappointed by the lack of Christmas in the issue. Like Rolf, I loved the winter issue for the ornaments.
                    And Carole's bowl is quite interesting.
                    Today, 11:26 AM
                  Working...
                  X