Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Round Box - Butterfly Inlay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Classic Round Box - Butterfly Inlay

    The pattern is by Diana Thompson and found in "Custom Wooden Boxes for the Scroll Saw". The box is approximately 5 1/2" in diameter. The box is Hard Maple with a Red Cedar Butterfly inlay. I have not completed an inlay for over five years. I used FD Polar #3 and #7 blades. The finish is one coat of sanding sealer and two coats spray Lacquer Clear Semi Gloss. Comments welcome.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

  • #2
    What a beautiful box you have crafted Denny. I love anything with a butterfly and yours is outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
    Melanie from East TN

    Comment


    • #3
      Denny

      Nice job!
      cwmagee
      aka Fibber
      Producer of fancy firewood​

      Comment


      • #4
        And another great piece of work from your workshop Denny. I do like the varying colours in the butterfly grain.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by meflick View Post
          What a beautiful box you have crafted Denny. I love anything with a butterfly and yours is outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
          Thanks Melanie. I attempted an inlay last week and it ended up in the burn box.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cwmagee View Post
            Denny

            Nice job!
            Thanks Fibber. Another trip down to TN in the future?
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hobbyhorse View Post
              And another great piece of work from your workshop Denny. I do like the varying colours in the butterfly grain.
              Thanks. The colors just happened. I lined up the inlay block on the bottom, so I could not see how the grain lined up.
              Denny
              ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post

                Thanks Fibber. Another trip down to TN in the future?
                I will be driving across TN on the 22nd on my way to Branson and then going to Nashville on the 27th-30th on my way back. What mile mark on I-40 should I wave to you at?
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post

                  I will be driving across TN on the 22nd on my way to Branson and then going to Nashville on the 27th-30th on my way back. What mile mark on I-40 should I wave to you at?
                  Just a little past Crossville LOL. We will have a Pegas Scroll Saw for classes and demonstrations. Welcome.
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That is a really nice inlay! great wood choice.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                      That is a really nice inlay! great wood choice.
                      Thanks Rolf.
                      Denny
                      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X