Collaboration Piece or I Did Not Make This

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collaboration Piece or I Did Not Make This

My friend, Ron Smith, is a very good segmented bowl maker/turner. A while back he asked if I would help him make a bowl that he was wanting to do. He brought me some wood and silhouette patterns for animals he wanted to use on the bowl and wanted to see if I thought I could cut them. The hardest part of cutting them was having him watch me the would time. But we had a great time in the shop and he got what he wanted. He just sent me these pictures of his finished product.

AKA Paul from Washington State

Good inlay cutting. That looks really nice.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Wow, Paul, that looks great. Did you inlay the animals and the glue into the bowl?
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Excellent work. really like this. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
        Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
        John Wayne

Comment

Breathtaking! This is an exquisitely unique bowl!
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Great job Paul. You both are talented.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

That is a great looking bowl and a nice collaboration. They look like overlays not Inlays. But this has given me some ideas. I actually enjoy having people watch me scroll. It makes people think it is all very easy until you let them sit down and actually try to follow a line for the first time. Some are naturals.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thank you for the comment. They are "overlays". I think it would have only looked better if they were inlay, but, I have not done inlay work yet and I knew I would not be successful with such small pieces. We talked about filling the windows where the animals are with a clear epoxy before he finished the bowl. But, not sure how that would have worked or looked.

As a side note, a couple days after Ron came out and we cut the animals, his wife, my wife's very best friend unexpectedly and very sadly passed away in the night. No warning, no known illness, nothing. She had a heart attack. We are all still in shock. Ladies if you ever have even a trimmer or strange feeling in the heart area take it very serious. I guess women do not get the symptoms like men. This lady was, compared to my wife and I. very health conscious. Exercised routinely, ate correctly and took real good care of herself. You just never know.
                AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Paul prayers for you and your friends.
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X