More Black walnut Boxes..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Black walnut Boxes..

I’ve got this beautiful black walnut wood and I’m making little boxes with it, I’m trying to figure out what type of box I like best because I’ve got one good size piece of wood left. The one box I incorporated a granite looking laminate to the lid..
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Beautiful work with the walnut. I like the one without the granite laminate in the lid best I think. Thanks for showing.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Thanks, I was trying something different with the laminate.
      i also like the other lid better, it took awhile to get that lid to fit just right...I’m going to try some stained glass next..
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

I can only imagine trying to get that lid to fit. Stained glass could look really good on it I would think. Show us a picture when you have that one as well.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Beautiful. I agree with Melanie, the lid without looks best.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Those two are just being difficult.... I like them both.. These are done on the lathe, right?
            AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Thank for the nice comments on my boxes..
              No...bandsaw, scroll saw and a belt sander...
              i guess I better get back to my Iron Man project, I haven’t touched that since...,..,

trout
              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
                Reply to One For My Quiting Wife
                Sandy Oaks
                When people come into ArtCrafters and ask about a scroll saw, I say it is similar to a sewing machine except with small blades.
                Today, 03:22 PM
              • leehljp
                Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
                leehljp
                Me - also! I drove from Memphis to Dallas yesterday in heavy rain all the way. Could not use the cruise control. My leg was in a knot.

Having said that, I can sit still at the scroll saw for about an 30 minutes at the most before I have to move around; On the lathe, I can also stand in...
                Today, 11:51 AM
              • tgiro01
                Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
                tgiro01
                I've lured a husky neighbor with the promise of a turned pen. Now we are just waiting for the d()*& rain to stop so we can get the minivan around to the back steps into the basement, and get it down stairs. All my neighbors know that, when they help me - they walk away with a priceless work of art...
                Today, 10:47 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
                Rolf
                Scrappile I like that engine hoist. When we moved into this house back in 96 One of the first things I did was put a loft in the garage and provided a place to hang a chain hoist for working on my car. The roll around hoist has some advantages over my setup.
                Today, 10:30 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
                Rolf
                I have two variable speed controllers one is on my Digital embroidery machine(inherited from my Mom) and I also have a Rampower carver with the electronic foot pedal. The variable speed on both of those gives much more control. especially on the power carver....
                Today, 10:22 AM
              Working...
              X